iRig Pro Duo &iPhone-Monitoring on bluetooth headphones

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro Duo &iPhone-Monitoring on bluetooth headphones

Postby kennethfm » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Hello,

I very enthusiastically purchased the iRig Pro Duo as I wanted to use my bluetooth headset that I always have connected to my phone, while playing guitar with the input being the iRig pro duo.

To my great disappointment, I can't find a way to use my bluetooth headset, or even the iPhone speakers to hear myself as the iRig Pro Duo seems to capture the output signal and completely block any other output mechanism.

Is there a workaround to this issue? Please ignore any latency implicatoins, I just want to use iPhone speakers or bluetooth headset, instead of having to connect any cable to the iRig Pro Duo output.

Thanks in advance
kennethfm

Re: iRig Pro Duo &iPhone-Monitoring on bluetooth headphones

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:48 pm

This would be something the app/software are using would have to support. By default a connected audio interface will serve as both input and output on mobile devices.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby OliverGonzalezLeon » Mon May 27, 2019 3:29 pm

The problem is basically that the operating system of your mobile phone or your tablet does not support having two different audio sources.

When you plug iRig Pro Duo to your mobile, it recognizes it as the soundcard and disables any other device like speakers, Bluetooth as audio output, etc.

What you can do is connect a wireless headphone system to the headphone out of your iRig Pro Duo and then you can play with wireless headphones.
OliverGonzalezLeon

Postby CoccoScrauso » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:56 am

I'm going to buy a Bluetooth Transmitter (and Receiver) to attach it on the headphones port. I hope it will work. Any suggestions?

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0829R ... 3L7P5DTA5C
CoccoScrauso

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:40 pm

CoccoScrauso wrote:I'm going to buy a Bluetooth Transmitter (and Receiver) to attach it on the headphones port. I hope it will work. Any suggestions?

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0829R ... 3L7P5DTA5C

That is still going to have a delay even if it did work (but our apps, and most realtime audio performance apps) will not transmit your audio over Bluetooth because of said delay. It degrades your ability to play and monitor your playing with this delay and is not worth not having wires when you are trying to play or record with realtime monitoring.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers