iRig Stomp I/O For VST Amplitube

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O For VST Amplitube

Postby LordObsidious » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:18 pm

I'm looking for a way to control Amplitube in my DAW such as changing patches, turning on/off pedals/ tuner ect. I have no desire to use this as an interface though, simply as a footswitch controller. Is it possible to do this easily? Up for any recommendations, even if it isn't this specific piece of gear.
LordObsidious

Re: iRig Stomp I/O For VST Amplitube

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:16 pm

The iRig Stomp I/O can be used in Stomp mode for MIDI CC commands or Preset mode for MIDI PC commands. Generally MIDI CC is used for controlling different FX and parameters, while PC messages are saved for preset switches. While you can manually set up your controls, using the included AmpliTube 4 program you can easily map your MIDI CC controls.

What DAW do you use? I can maybe make a more concrete suggestion.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ad_Astra » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:20 am

I'm using the iRig Stomp I/O only as a controller, for the latency is really bad in Win Exclusive and ASIO4ALL just leads into a path of problems.

Just plug in the device and add it as a controller in DAW. Works well with Sonar and Studio One 4.
Ad_Astra

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Ad_Astra wrote:I'm using the iRig Stomp I/O only as a controller, for the latency is really bad in Win Exclusive and ASIO4ALL just leads into a path of problems.

Just plug in the device and add it as a controller in DAW. Works well with Sonar and Studio One 4.

WASAPI is a great set of drivers for video games or movies, but unfortunately it does not handle real-time audio as great as more specifically designed drivers like ASIO drivers.

If you need help setting up ASIO4ALL and your iRig Stomp I/O for optimal performance, please reach out to the support team herefor extra help. Send me a PM with your Ticket # so I may flag your case after.

In the meantime, here are some quick suggestions. First, make sure Hardware Buffer is not enabled in ASIO4ALL, then check your audio buffer size. I've found from experience it is best to set all devices to the same audio buffer size. Use the WRENCH icon to see 'sub-devices'. Use the slider to adjust the audio buffer size, and make sure to match the setting listed in your DAW, or simply adjust the value to match afterwards. This way you can be sure everything is working as it should.

Note - Start with an Audio Buffer size of 128. From here you can go up in value if you hear clicks or pops, or down if you still hear latency. Depending on your system, you may only be able to go so low without hearing clicks or pops.

Below is a quick guide which will give some visual reference to my suggestions above.

Click here to see the ASIO4ALL guide for iRig products using Windows.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers