Stealth Pedal Midi Control on Mac

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stealth Pedal Midi Control on Mac

Postby dredman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Hello All. I know the Stealth Pedal is ancient technology, but I have one and would like to be able to use it with AmpliTube 4 and my Mac Pro Laptop computer. I have the IK Midi Control software installed. In the past I could run the Midi Control software in the background, while also running earlier Version of AmpliTube software. When I attempt to have the Stealth Pedal "Learn" a function in AmpliTube 4, it doesn't see the pedal as a Midi device. I guess there are no default midi setting in the Stealth Pedal. If the Pedal could transmit any Midi on it's own, I could use it with just about any software I currently have, as most modern programs feature a "Learn" function. The audio portion works flawlessly. Maybe I am missing something, or just wasting my time trying to get the Midi portion of my Stealth Pedal to work. I am using it in stand alone mode and not with with DAW. Thanks!!!
dredman

Re: Stealth Pedal Midi Control on Mac

Postby beskow » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:38 am

There are older topics on how to get the Stealth Pedal Midi Control to work on newer OSX versions:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1359&start=30

I have it working under El Capitain, using the workarounds described in that thread. I hope you will be able to get it working!

Best regards
/Björn
beskow

Postby dredman » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:11 pm

Thank you! I have it working on my desktop Yosemite 10.10.5. However my laptop is running 10.12.6 Sierra. The app will start and run on Sierra, however the control button next to the midi out button will not stay on. I click on it, it lights up for maybe 3 seconds and then turns off. Will running the terminal program you suggested fix this problem? Thanks again for your help.
dredman

Postby beskow » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:33 pm

At least it solved that exact problem on el capitain. Haven't tried it on Sierra though. The fix is fully reversible, so it won't hurt to try. Good luck!
/Björn
beskow

Return to Interfaces & Controllers