Axe IO ASIO driver forces Amplitube 4 into 44.1KHz [RESOLVED

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe IO ASIO driver forces Amplitube 4 into 44.1KHz [RESOLVED

Postby Daydreamingdaze » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi,

Ok, so the issue is that I'd like to use Amplitube 4 Standalone with a 96KHz sample rate, and I expected this could be achieved through Axe IO's driver; yet, when I select AXE ASIO (input and output) in Amplitube's Settings screen and then open Axe's control panel, I find that 44.1KHz has been set as sample the rate and cannot be changed.

If I select other drivers from Amplitube's Settings screen, such as 'Windows' or 'Direct', Axe control panel shows an improved sample rate of 48KHz.

Has anybody been able to run Standalone in 96KHz? I've read in other posts that the program crashes when attempting to work at higher sample rates.

Note: both Amplitube and Axe seem to work fine at 96KHz with Ableton Live

Thanks,
Daydreamingdaze

Re: Axe IO ASIO driver forces Amplitube 4 into 44.1KHz

Postby Daydreamingdaze » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:02 pm

I was reading Amplitube's manual and realized I can change Project Properties to set it to 96KHz. Will give that a try this evening
Daydreamingdaze

Postby SC_3Crosstudio » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi to everyone,

I do not have the same problem but almost.
Basically I do not understand why the main control panel of the Axe I/O remains nailed on 44.1 KHz and 512 Buffer Size and I can not change anything.
I'm using Reaper for my work.
Until a few days ago I also used the Asio4All and everything was spinning, apart from always the control panel of the card that remained non-settable.
Now I'm having even problems to load my little work session and the guitar stays with that annoying latency to play and record.
Does it depend on ASIO drivers? Do I have to uninstall the driver card and reinstall everything? Are there any alternatives to avoid this flapping?
If you can help me, thank you.
SC_3Crosstudio

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pm

SC_3Crosstudio wrote:Hi to everyone,

I do not have the same problem but almost.
Basically I do not understand why the main control panel of the Axe I/O remains nailed on 44.1 KHz and 512 Buffer Size and I can not change anything.
I'm using Reaper for my work.
Until a few days ago I also used the Asio4All and everything was spinning, apart from always the control panel of the card that remained non-settable.
Now I'm having even problems to load my little work session and the guitar stays with that annoying latency to play and record.
Does it depend on ASIO drivers? Do I have to uninstall the driver card and reinstall everything? Are there any alternatives to avoid this flapping?
If you can help me, thank you.

I'm not 100% clear that you've downloaded and installed the AXE I/O drivers, so if you have not done so please do that. If you are using them and still have these issues, IK Support would be the ones to provide official help at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and I'm sure they can get you up and running. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Daydreamingdaze » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:03 pm

Changing my Project Settings worked, thank you.
Daydreamingdaze

Re: Axe IO ASIO driver forces Amplitube 4 into 44.1KHz [RESO

Postby dougs.ik » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:14 pm

I'm trying to sort out how this works. The buffer size in the Axe I/O (I have the Solo) is greyed out. If I launch Reaper and go to Options > Preferences > Audio Devices and click on the ASIO Configuration button (after choosing Axe I/O as device) it then "un-greys" itself in the AXE I/O control panel and I can set the buffer I need.

My Behringer UMC202HD control panels always let me choose the buffer size so I'm trying to understand why I'm seeing the above restriction on adjusting it.
dougs.ik

Return to Interfaces & Controllers