iRIG HD2 & Amplitube 4 - How to do this ?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRIG HD2 & Amplitube 4 - How to do this ?

Postby zudermeyer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Hi All,

Wondering how I can do the following:

- Using the iRIG HD2, Amplitube 4 and Microphone Headset
- How to 'stream' the Amplitube guitar signal and my voice to services like Twitch, Youtube Live, Facebook Live and Skype
- Using Windows 10

What I have tried
- Connected the iRIG HD2 and a USB mixer to my computer
- Connect the 'Amp Out' from the iRIG HD2 to the mixer
- Connect my headset to the mixer

This does not work though as Windows stops/cancels my mixer as a sound device.
My limited understanding and research suggests that Windows can only host one Audio Interface at a time using ASIO4All.

Does anyone know how I may achieve this ? Is this possible with the hardware I have ?

Thanks in advance.
zudermeyer

Re: iRIG HD2 & Amplitube 4 - How to do this ?

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Hey zudermeyer,

Thanks for your post.

Where are you running AmpliTube 4, is this the same system running your streaming software, and where does your headset connect to?

Depending on your Mixer, I may be able to make a suggestion here. Let me know the make/model of this mixer and I can make some suggestions here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby zudermeyer » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for your reply appreciate it. I am running Amplitube 4 on the same Windows 10 Desktop as my streaming software and my iRIG HD2. My headphone I am connecting to my mixer (headphone port). Mixer also connected to same Desktop.

The mixer I am using is this one -

https://www.long-mcquade.com/101666/Pro ... -Mixer.htm

Looking forward to your suggestions and thanks in advance.
zudermeyer

Postby Ryan_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:56 am

Hmm. Running AmpliTube 4 on the same system you are streaming from may add some hurdles here on Windows, but if you could send me a PM I could dig into this a bit deeper for you. :geek:

What I would need to see here would be a screen shot of your Audio/MIDI Set Up in AmpliTube and a screen shot of the Audio/MIDI Set Up in your streaming software. This will help me make sure everything is set properly.

AmpliTube 4 in this case would be set to use your iRig HD 2 with the ASIO4ALL driver set. Once done, you would physically run the cable from this iRig to your mixer. This mixer would be set up to only be working in your streaming software.

One other quick suggest which may help here is a virtual cable. This would help you route audio directly from one software program to another. This process is not exactly user friendly so I would like to follow up with you in a PM if you'd like to try this out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers