My brand new IRIG KEYS I/O 49 do not work with IPAD

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

My brand new IRIG KEYS I/O 49 do not work with IPAD

Postby d.pallotta » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:52 pm

HI, as you can read from the subject of this topic i am having troubles with my brand new IRIG KEYS I/O 49 bought on amazon 5 days ago.

Since it arrived I tried the keyboard with my macbook pro and garageband/sampletank and other softwares bundled with this great object.
Everything is fine with the PC, but the problem is that i Bought this to use the keyboard while i am out of home/office with my IPAD (6th generation) bought on 2018.

When I connect the keyboard to the IPAD and try to use GARAGEBAND or SAMPLEtANK nothing happens.
Everything I press is absolutely ignored by the IPAD.

I have suddenly opened a ticket to IK but after 18 hours I did not have any answer from IK Multimedia.

I see that someone else had my same problem, has someone find a solution to this?

Thanks to all
Last edited by d.pallotta on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d.pallotta

Re: My brand new IRIG KEYS I/O 49 do not work with iPad

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Please note that IK Support will typically respond within 24-48 hours.

Also, please review the forum rules about direct technical support here and the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 with regard to posting a query when you've got a ticket open.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby d.pallotta » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi @Peter_IK I am happy to hear news from you....
I have opened a ticket on yesterday, but by now I did not receive any answer from the help desk.

However I am not asking for support to IK Multimedia, I am asking other users if they experienced the same Issue and if they have solved this problem in some way.

I do not think I am going against rules shown at this link...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Thanks for your fast reply...
d.pallotta

Postby d.pallotta » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:12 pm

Here are the details of my ticket:

Ticket #339318
Ticket Status: open
Department: Support Team Mobile
Create Date: 02/06/2019 1:56 pm
Name: Daniele Pallotta
Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Phone:

Obviously I have removed sensible informations about my account
Last edited by d.pallotta on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d.pallotta

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:23 pm

The guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 ask that you PM that information etc. Please take a look. Ryan will be able to take a look if you follow the instructions there.

Also, it is OK to post your ticket number in a thread, that won't give out any personal info.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby d.pallotta » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi all... it's the third day since I wrote my ticket.

I still have no anwser, I am seriously thinking of giving back my keyboard.
With the same price I will take a standard 76 keys midi controller.

I have chosen Irig Keys I/O because it should be IOS Ready, something like PLUG & PLAY, but it's not...

not working either with ipad than with iphone 6s...

I am very sad about this...
d.pallotta

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

I appreciate your patience, I am sure IK Support will be able to assist you. Please note that the time frame in which they reply will be during business hours (M-F ~10A-7PM). They will likely be in touch when the offices reopen after the weekend.

iRig Keys I/O is indeed plug & play for iOS as well, but you are experiencing an abnormal issue. IK Support will definitely be able to take care of it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby d.pallotta » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 pm

It’s been six days and still no answer from support!
d.pallotta

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:39 pm

I see your ticket number above and have relayed this to our Support Manager.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: My brand new IRIG KEYS I/O 49 do not work with IPAD

Postby sparkyj » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:12 pm

Did anyone help you with this PROBLEM? I have same issue
sparkyj

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:32 pm

It is disappointing that the OP did not give us an update, and this thread is nearly 2 years old.

I would think that it is unlikely that you have exactly the same problem cause.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby EMargoshes » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:29 am

I have a similar issue. While my IRIG KEYS I/O 49 does work with my new-ish iPad Pro, I can't get my old iPad mini (maybe 2nd generation or 3rd) to work with it. When I plug the KEYS into the Pro with USB-C, the KEYS lights up immediately. Then I go to GarageBand and it's a little wonky, but eventually it works. However, it never lights up at all when I connect the KEYS to the old iPad with the lightning cable. I wonder if anyone has similar problems. I checked to see if my iPad is too old to be compatible with the KEYS, but apparently it should work.

I'm wondering if it's the software. Is there another app besides GarageBand that's simpler to use? what I mean is, a simpler test for the compatibility of the iPad with the KEYS? I actually don't need to use GarageBand or any fancy software. I just want the KEYS to work with any software that will simulate a piano or any other basic keyboard sound, so I can practice a little Jazz and "cocktail" music, 49-key style!

thanks for any help.
EMargoshes

Return to Interfaces & Controllers