If not GarageBand...

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

If not GarageBand...

Postby TKTurbo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:43 am

iRig Keys Pro:

I’d like to be able to preset 4 instruments for live performance so I don’t spend a lot of time on the iPad itself. I’d like to be able to call up a drum kit, a bass, a piano and a lead using the the four Sets.

Is this possible in GarageBand? In any others? Trying to keep the setup small and simple as most of the performance is guitar and vocals, just building loops on the fly using different instruments for “backing” track. Not going to pre-load tracks or loops; must be done live.

TNX

TKTurbo, JSPS
TKTurbo

Re: If not GarageBand...

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:50 pm

Hello TKTurbo,

Thanks for your post.

While this is certainly possible, the GarageBand software is fairly limited on MIDI use. We would suggest SampleTank CS for this type of usage. This is a free app in the Apple App Store which will have some included sounds with the registration of your iRig Keys Pro.

The SampleTank CS app offers a LIVE mode which can be accessed using the button in the upper left hand corner. Once in LIVE mode, you can load up to 8 different instruments on different MIDI Channels. Using your iRig Keys Pro SETS you can switch between these different instruments using dedicated MIDI Channels for each SET.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers