iRig HD 2 make MacBook Pro halt and reboot

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD 2 make MacBook Pro halt and reboot

Postby kwunyeung » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:20 pm

I have an iRig HD 2 and it works properly with iPhone and iPad. I now want to use it on. Y MacBook Pro but once I set it as the input device, my Mac halts and reboot. I’m connecting it with a USB-A to USB-C adapter. I don’t know if this is related to the adapter or Mojave. I tired using another cable but it’s just the same. I have opened a ticket with IK and the reply was only telling me to buy their micro USB to USB-C cable which cost 30euros :roll: . Is it really only that cable will work? Anyone has this experience? Thanks!
kwunyeung

Re: iRig HD 2 make MacBook Pro halt and reboot

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:30 am

They recommend the official cable because IK's meet Apple's certification standards and many times the cheaper adapters do not. You may find non-certified third-party cables that might work, but you'll likely end up spending more than you would buying the correct supported cable in your journey to find one.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kwunyeung » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:32 am

I expect the IK support would help me to identify the issue but not just asked me to buy your cable without explanation. I even don’t know how to check if it’s a problem of the cable or problem on the irig or Mojave or my Mac. I don’t know if buying the cable is the right solution.
kwunyeung

Postby kwunyeung » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:28 pm

I can exclude the issue is due to the adaptor. I can use the adaptor to connect my iPhone with the Apple iOS cable and my mac can backup the iPhone and update successfully. If it's a cable issue, it will be a problem of the bundled cable.
kwunyeung

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:56 pm

Please continue to work directly with IK Support and let them know if suggestions etc do not work or are not to your satisfaction. This is a user-to-user forum and the mods and users of this forum cannot troubleshoot and fix this particular issue for you, but IK Support can.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers