Does 'Amp out' on Axe I/O function while recording?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Does 'Amp out' on Axe I/O function while recording?

Postby dpldpl » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Anyone know from hands-on experience whether the 'Amp out' on Axe I/O is functional while live recording?

The manual doesn't mention anything other than using it with an already recorded track.

Kind regards,
David
dpldpl

Re: Does 'Amp out' on Axe I/O function while recording?

Postby allan.bourque » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:20 am

It is active. I tested it earlier today sending my guitar track out of Cubase on a separate buss to the Amp Out (Ch 5) on the Axe. Works as advertised. DI is recorded dry but signal is processed by my amp outside of the DAW. My guitar was only coming out the amp and the rest of the playback was through the monitors.
allan.bourque

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:01 pm

If you want full direct signal with no latency and zero processing, make sure the Monitor knob is set accordingly, too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby allan.bourque » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Thanks Peter,

There have been others who have asked if the Amp Out continuously feeds the signal or if it has to be 'routed to' via the DAW. In otherwords, is there a way to split the input signal in the box so that it sends audio to the Amp Out and the USB at the same time without a DAW.

I was not able to get any output from the Amp Out unless I assigned a buss to output 5 in my DAW and routed my guitar to that output via Cubase.

Thanks
allan.bourque

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:19 pm

Like any audio interface you're going to need to route inputs and outputs accordingly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby allan.bourque » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:44 pm

Of course, but there's a perception out there that Amp Out works without requiring a DAW to actually route a signal to it. In other words, it can all be done within the AXE unit. If that is the case, then I'm doing it wrong.
allan.bourque

Postby david54321 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Can this be done?? ... recording both Track1 and Track2 simultaneously?

To record a clean track + tube-colored second track in one go, using headphones, to allow for re-amping the clean track later?

Or would this possibly cause latency issues and/or fry an input on the Axe?

Edit: I'm going to repost this as a new thread since it seems to be getting away from the initial question.
david54321

Return to Interfaces & Controllers