Noise problem with iRig 2

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Noise problem with iRig 2

Postby enmanuelph » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi guys,

I just purchased an iRig 2, and immediately plugged in my guitar and headphones to use with GarageBand on a MacBook Pro mid 2014. However, I'm having big trouble with buzzing/feedback sound when using high gain or overdrive/distortion sounds. It's practically imposible for me to use these sounds. Changing the volume or the gain on the iRig doesn't do any good; the only thing that works is noise reduction, but you know what that does to your sustain.

I've heard that iRig HD doesn't have that king of problems, but I also think that I should be able to use distorted or overdrived sounds with my iRig 2.

Can you guys give me some feedback?
enmanuelph

Re: Noise problem with iRig 2

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:51 am

Any interface that plugs into the headphone jack of your device/computer will have a significantly larger amount of noise than a digital interface like iRig HD 2 would. You'll need to adjust your levels and likely use a noise gate (you should be able to find settings that do not alter your tone so much). If you still have issues, please raise a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers