Studio one 4 lagg spikes with iRig Keys I/O 49 interface

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Studio one 4 lagg spikes with iRig Keys I/O 49 interface

Postby dennix666 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:11 am

Hi,

When I try to reduce my "Device Block Size" before using my mic to record I get big lags completely interrupting my recording and all sound coming from the DAW. The block size I use is around 200 samples right now, which I found was the best but not ideal. I do not get the spike lags as frequently in ish 200 samples contra the delay from my mic to my headphones.

It's really really annoying to get these random lags...so I would be very grateful for the support and help!!

When I try using the windows driver as an audio device (what I understood this is the wasapi option, I get too high blocksize (around 400 samples which is not good enough for singing as I hear the delay).

I use a iRig Keys I/O as my interface for the mic. Studio one 4.1.1 as DAW. ASIO4ALL v2 and my PC spec is:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz 34 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
32,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-27)
dennix666

Re: Studio one 4 lagg spikes with iRig Keys I/O 49 interface

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:12 pm

You computer is more than capable and you should be able to get results with no lag. If you are having problems with WASAPI, you may want to try ASIO4ALL but before doing so I would recommend seeking official IK tech support by contacting them at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

I'm sure they can troubleshoot with you and get you up and running.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dennix666 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Still, it does not work...I feel like I been ripped off as I now believe the only solution for me is to buy an external interface to be able to get it working as the WASAPI doesn't work and the ASIO4ALL just lags.

The link you gave me is what I used to post here...just brings me to the same place.
dennix666

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:49 pm

dennix666 wrote:Still, it does not work...I feel like I been ripped off as I now believe the only solution for me is to buy an external interface to be able to get it working as the WASAPI doesn't work and the ASIO4ALL just lags.

The link you gave me is what I used to post here...just brings me to the same place.

That link is not the link to post here. It is the link to the IK tech support form. This is a user-to-user forum but if you fill out the support form you will open a ticket with IK Support who will assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers