No output volume

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

No output volume

Postby momyfor2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Hello,

I’m new user of the irig keys I/o 49 keyboard, just got it, and I can’t hear the playing without headphones. I use iPad Pro, 12” with latest iOS 12.1.1 but I can only hear the music while using headphones.
I’m basically looking to use it as a regular organ to play on, nothing special or complicated, but I’ve tried any setting and nothing works...
Please let me know how to fix it.
Thank you.
momyfor2

Re: No output volume

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 pm

iRig Keys I/O, when used as your audio interface, will route the output via the headphone output and the on-board outputs. The sound will not be routed through the iPad speakers, this is true of any audio interface not just iRig Keys I/O 49.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby momyfor2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your reply. I’m not so familiar with all these terms...does that means I can only hear the music while connecting headphones or outside speakers, but I can’t hear the music from the keyboard itself (not from the iPad)?

I received it as a present , I’m just playing on organ and would like to use it as such:) I’m just trying to see if I can play music on it , while connecting to an iPad or not, but be able to hear the music without headphones or outside connected speakers.
Is this possible?

Thank you so much.
momyfor2

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:33 am

momyfor2 wrote:Hi Peter,
Thank you for your reply. I’m not so familiar with all these terms...does that means I can only hear the music while connecting headphones or outside speakers, but I can’t hear the music from the keyboard itself (not from the iPad)?

I received it as a present , I’m just playing on organ and would like to use it as such:) I’m just trying to see if I can play music on it , while connecting to an iPad or not, but be able to hear the music without headphones or outside connected speakers.
Is this possible?

Thank you so much.

Ah I see now. iRig Keys I/O does not produce sound on its own. It is a MIDI controller which you can use to control apps and software that make the sounds. It is also an audio interface which is separate functionality for when you might want to plug in a guitar or microphone or similar and record your voice or a regular instrument using a microphone (or a line-level sound source).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers