IRig Keys and USB C Samsung problem

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRig Keys and USB C Samsung problem

Postby Jakubchylewski » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 pm

Hi

My son just bought IRig Keys. He wants to play via Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 which has USB C port. In the package there was no USB C cable. It looks like a micro ISB cable is provided for phones with android. So i pluged it into Galaxy via USB Micro - USB C adapter - and nothing happended. Red light doesnt work. When I connect with old samsung phone with micro USB Red light is on and I can use keyboard with phone.
Anyone can Help - My son is very sad ?
Can I bay standard USB C - USB micro SD cable and it will work ? Why adapther doesnt work ?
I can see on IK Multimedia page that there is C-micro cable but is it different that other cables on market ? I can not find this original cable in my country.

Best regards
Kuba
Jakubchylewski

Re: IRig Keys and USB C Samsung problem

Postby Hensman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:08 am

I have exactly the same issue with the Irig pro Duo and Samsung S9+.

I have raised a Ticket and can see that you can buy a cable from IK Multimedia, the Irig pro duo was £139.00 and the cable is over £30.00, and looking at what others have said I am not convinced that this will work either.

I am so annoyed with IK Multimedia, I am waiting to see what their Ticket response is, however it is likely that I will have to return it with a very negative Amazon review.

All in all there support/user guide for android is terrible, they advertise that it works with the latest Android devices.

When you purchase a premium product you expect it to be right!

:evil:
Hensman

Re: IRig Keys and USB C Samsung problem

Postby Jakubchylewski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:14 am

Hensman - Thanks for info. Please post information here if IK will answer. I will issue my ticket and report here if I will have ansewer ok?

Best Regards
Jakubchylewski

Return to Interfaces & Controllers