[RESOLVED] Irig Keys I/0 / Mac OS Mojave

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

[RESOLVED] Irig Keys I/0 / Mac OS Mojave

Postby christophe@backstage-prod » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:04 pm

I just bought an Irig Keys I/0 for my home studio, received it yesterday, and when I downloaded the driver on my Mac Book Pro, I also downloaded by mistake the update which does not work with our Mac Operating System Mojave 10.14.1. So now the keyboard does not work anymore with the Mac. Is there a way to upload back the previous iRig Keys IO Control Surface Plugin 1.0 in the controller ?

I tried to go on your website on your support page but it does not accept messages at the moment… it says you are under construction for the support request page. I called in Italy the headquarter, was asked to send an email... can't find any solutions in the FAQ, in the support pages or the manual... that's very frustrating...

Thanks for your help..
Last edited by christophe@backstage-prod on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christophe@backstage-prod

Re: Irig Keys I/0 / Mac OS Mojave

Postby christophe@backstage-prod » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:05 pm

I also sent an email... but no answer... I feel lost...

Postby christophe@backstage-prod » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Next trying to get the free Sample Tank 3... it does not recognize my password to get the authorization to use the VST, tried to change my password, it does not recognize my email address !!!!... in fact, I am just wondering what does really work at IKM... no support, no help, gear not working with the current Apple OS... I am about to send back the gear to Thomann [redacted}... I am tired with all those hassles...

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Hey christophe@backstage-prod,

Thanks for your post. We are sorry to hear of your troubles with your iRig Keys I/O.

When you can, please send me the ticket number from your support contact. This will help me look into this for you. Please be patient for a reply here as the team may be a bit more busy than usual with the recent holiday season.

Now, if your iRig Keys I/O was not able to be updated due to your OS version. Try using a friend or family member's system to update this unit. This should help get your unit updated even if the last update failed. If there is absolutely no way for you to update with another system, please let the support team know and they can look into directly assisting you via your 1-Year included warranty.

As for your issues logging in, please send me your EMAIL or USERNAME which you are using in a PM and I can look into this directly while the team gets back to you.

Please feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby christophe@backstage-prod » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Dear Ryan, many thanks for your kind answer.

I have a Mac Book Pro 13 inches 2018 OS running 10.14.2 Mojave with Logic.

When I first plugged the controller Irig Keys I/O to the computer, everything was working properly at least as a controller but could not use the knobs. I updated the driver to iRig Keys I/O Firmware Updater 1.09 (I realised after it was a mistake reading the warning message). Now the controller does not work any more, I have nothing on the screen of the controller, just a blue point.

I am trying to find the way to upload the previous driver 1.0 on the controller but can't find the way to do it. It seems that the controller has no system in it.

Impossible to open a support session as I said, the support service to open a ticket does not work, it says it is not available... so problems + problems + problems.. I am really disappointed...

Postby christophe@backstage-prod » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:14 pm

I finally was able to contact support... Ticket #782803

[redacted, please review forum rules linked at the top of each page and posting guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more information]

I DID UPDATED BY MISTAKE NOW THE CONTROLER HAD NO SYSTEM AND HAS A BUG... TRIED TO CONNECT WITH ANOTHER MacBook Pro, THE CONTROLER IS NOT COMMUNICATING WITH ANY COMPUTER

[redacted, see above]

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:37 pm

Sorry to hear you are still having issues here. I was informed that the Technical Support Manager should be reaching out to you if he has not already.

Please keep a look out for this email. The Support Manager should be able to help you find the best route from here.

Remember, you do have a 1-Year warranty with this product, so we should be able to find a viable solution for you.

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby christophe@backstage-prod » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 am

Finally the IK Multimedia gave me the solution... reset the firmware from another Mac not running under 10.14, so I was able to upload the firmware and updated it to the new version.. my controller works again... and I am happy... such a long trip... :P

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Glad to hear everything is working here.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers