irig2 and Android phone/tablet, no apps?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

irig2 and Android phone/tablet, no apps?

Postby ak1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 am

I got the iRig 2 interface, seems to be working and connecting OK. Haven't been able to get the Amplitube Samsung (devices are LG and Lenovo tablet) or the Amplitube UA app to work, Deplike seems to work OK but I was hoping to use Amplitube.

Any suggestions?
ak1

Re: irig2 and Android phone/tablet, no apps?

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Hey ak1,

Thanks for your post.

Please note, AmpliTube for SAPA (Samsung Professional Audio) will require a SAPA compatible device. Unfortunately, Lenovo and LG devices will not offer SAPA.

Please also note, the AmpliTube UA app is designed solely for use with the iRig UA. This is because of the iRig UA unit's built-in DSP chip. This chip acts as the 'brain' of AmpliTube UA and without this chip, the AmpliTube UA app will not exit DEMO mode.

Read more on the iRig UA here

If your device does not seem to be compatible with AmpliTube For Samsung Professional Audio, and you own an iRig device that is compatible with Android devices, you can use this iRig with any of the following apps.

*This device will also work with any device which accepts audio input from your device's headset jack or USB port (Depending on the iRig being used.):

IK Multimedia apps:

Third Party apps:
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ak1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks!

So by the look of it the product is compatible but the software is not. Can't say I am not disappointed.

Deplike works and I believe I have paid N-Track so I guess I'll see how those fare. Tried Deplike and in comparison to Amplitube it is a child's toy, so most likely I'll opt for the 30 day return on the product.
ak1

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Sorry to hear your device is not compatible with the AmpliTube for SAPA app and that the Deplike app is not up to par in this situation.

While I do suggest digging deeper into the n-Track app, as this is a great tool and should offer some great ways to use your iRig. There are a bunch of other great apps out there which may also work. Make sure to keep an eye out on the Google Play Store. Below is another app which I forgot to list. This would be the ToneBridge app. Users have reported some great results using this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e&hl=en_IN
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ak1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll look up that one as well.

Honestly, I was thinking that $34 (what I paid) for this might get me in decent shape for impromptu jams and traveling so I won't have to bring my processors, especially considering I have latest gen tablet and Android phone.

BTW, Tonebridge app plays great, unfortunately can't edit the patches, at least from what I am seeing. Very low latency though, I like it!
Last edited by ak1 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ak1

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:05 pm

That is completely understandable. We hope your experience with these third party apps is a positive one. Feel free to shoot me a PM with any feedback you'd like me to pass along.

Personally, on non-SAPA compatible devices, I would suggest the iRig UA and AmpliTube UA hardware/software combo. The iRig UA offers a DSP chip which acts as the 'brain' of the AmpliTube UA app. This allows for a universal experience on Android devices. This combo will only require USB Host compatibility and Android 4.2 or later to operate properly.

Read more on these products at the links below:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigua/

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubeua/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Rhutton247 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:12 pm

I've been trying to use the irig2 with my Samsung s20 or my galaxy tablet and I can't hear my guitar playing in either tonebridge or AmpliTube ua.....someone please help me
Rhutton247

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Rhutton247 wrote:I've been trying to use the irig2 with my Samsung s20 or my galaxy tablet and I can't hear my guitar playing in either tonebridge or AmpliTube ua.....someone please help me

AmpliTube UA would require iRig UA as it runs directly on the interface. iRig 2 does not show Android compatibility per the [url]iRig 2 Specs[/url] page. If you are still having problems I'd suggest seeking official support from the IK Support team.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers