irig keys i/o buffer size

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

irig keys i/o buffer size

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi.

I use iRig Keys i/o with my mac 2,66 GHz, 8GB Ram OSX El Capitan with Logic Pro x. When I open whatever project , i need to set the buffer size to 1024 or the sound will be distoreted. I used to have Roland Octa Capture with the same Mac and buffersize was 128 with no problem even at 24 bit 92 Khz recording ! iRig can't even handle 44.1 in 24 bit. I wanted to have compact setup to carry with me on tours but it seems that the audio part of the iRig Keys i/o is not able to handle even a medium size project without problems.

Is it ok ?
tommy@paabel.ee

Re: irig keys i/o buffer size

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

While I strongly suggest reaching out to IK Multimedia technical support here to allow the team to take a closer look. Let's see if I can offer some information here :geek:

Note* Make sure to send me your ticket number in a PM after creation.

For mixing/mastering it is suggested to use a higher audio buffer size. This allows for your system to have the most amount of processing power available for your plug-ins and DAW. Depending on the system and session, the best audio buffer size for this process can vary.

We only suggest using a lower audio buffer size when tracking or recording audio or MIDI. This would be the only time when you should need a lower buffer size (which would provide the lowest possible latency times). Depending on your system and session, the best audio buffer size for this process can also vary in this case.

Read some more information here from SOS

Now, the iRig Keys I/O does offer a firmware updater which could help correct any unusual behavior. Make sure to update when you can. This download can be found at the link below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/firmware/

Note* Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see the dedicated iRig Keys I/O updater.

If this updater does not seem to help here and you believe you should be getting more out of your system. Make sure to reach out to support to allow us to take a more in-depth look here.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi and thanks for answer.

I was not mxing or mastering. only plugin used was Sapletank 3 with 8 track of midi.
No additional plugins.
1024 was only way to even record a single source audio with no extra tracks. With lower than 1024 the sound was crackling. Maybe te problem is a lack on direct monitoring, so it takes double power...

I cant install the update, bevause with OSX El Capitan the downloaded file says - no filesystem to mount and with newest OSX you have warning not to use the updater.

PS ! As I mentioned - no such problem with Roland Octa capture
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Please make sure to follow up with IK Multimedia technical support. They should be able to dig into this deeper.

Reach out to the team here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Once you've reached out, send me your ticket number in a PM.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers