iRig HD2 to new iPad Pro 2018 - no power

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD2 to new iPad Pro 2018 - no power

Postby sharrison1014 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi all,

I have a 2018 iPad Pro (usb-c socket). I want to run an irig hd2 into it using a 3rd party micro-usb to usb-c cable. The cable I’ve bought is OTG compliant.

Basically, it’s not working, no power is getting through from the iPad to power the irig.

I’ve tested the same cable and irig with my Samsung galaxy s9 (another usb-c device). In this case the irig receives power through the cable. So we can rule out faulty device or cable.

Any ideas about how to solve this problem with the new iPad Pro?
sharrison1014

Re: iRig HD2 to new iPad Pro 2018 - no power

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:29 am

I’m not sure which third party cable you’re using but you might want to run it by IK Support to see if they tested using that same cable or similar and I’m sure they will have some advice and insight. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sharrison1014 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:04 am

Hi Peter,

The cable I’m using is here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I raised a ticket a few days ago, number 590292.

Please let me know if there is any more that can be done.
sharrison1014

Postby ZlatkoS » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:59 pm

Greetings,

same issue here. Bought Stomp IO, tested it in store with friend's iphone 7. Worked.
I wanted to use it with iPad Pro 2018. but they had no converter adapters at the store, so I bough the device an ordered officially suggested cable from Thomann. Also tried couple of lightning to usb-c converters. Nothing works. New iPad does not respond to Stomp being connected.

Good people of IK Multimedia, can you provide a video proof of the two devices being compatible? This is getting very frustrating. I returned the cable to Thomann because I thought it was damaged and recieved a new one, still no luck.
ZlatkoS

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:00 pm

frogstomp wrote:Greetings,

same issue here. Bought Stomp IO, tested it in store with friend's iPhone 7. Worked.
I wanted to use it with iPad Pro 2018. but they had no converter adapters at the store, so I bough the device an ordered officially suggested cable from Thomann. Also tried couple of lightning to usb-c converters. Nothing works. New iPad does not respond to Stomp being connected.

Good people of IK Multimedia, can you provide a video proof of the two devices being compatible? This is getting very frustrating. I returned the cable to Thomann because I thought it was damaged and recieved a new one, still no luck.

They are compatible. Please report your issue to IK Support for official support and they will be able to assist you to your satisfaction. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers