Connection problems between Ipad and IRig Midi II

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Connection problems between Ipad and IRig Midi II

Postby peter_pretsch » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:02 pm

I use the Ipad Pro, Yamaha Motif XS for the Midi control and "Songbook + Version 3.3.4" for display the text.

Unfortunately, the contact between the Ipad and IRig Midi II turns off between a short time.
If I unplug the Lightning Conection Cable and turn it on back again, it will work for a while.

What could happen? Could it be a wrong Midi Controller at the and of an Midi File, or a Setting in the Songbook+? I don't know! :roll:
peter_pretsch

Re: Connection problems between iPad and IRig Midi II

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, this does sound very unusual.

Make sure to check that MIDI messages are still sending to your iOS device from your MIDI keyboard. To check this use the free MIDI Wrench app. This can be found in the Apple App Store. This will show all incoming MIDI messages and connected MIDI devices.

In the meantime, check with IK Multimedia technical support to see how they can help. They would be best suited to look into any unusual behavior as this for is meant for user-to-user discussion. Once your ticket is opened, send me a PM with this ticket number.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby peter_pretsch » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:08 am

No solution for the problem has been found so far by the support.
Whether it's the Motif XS or the Songbook + or IRig Midi 2 nobody can say.

I have tested all my known options of midi problems and this error still occurs.
Seem's there's not to be a quick fix for the problem at the moment.

I'm am very disappointed from IRig Mid 2, it does not do what it should to do in this constellation. I can't wait a long time for a fix I'm on stage!

Is it possible to reactivate IRig Midi 2 via certain Midi Controller values or SysEx commands?
peter_pretsch

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:38 pm

Support will continue to assist you. Please let them know the suggestions didn’t work and please ask them that last question too. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers