How to use Stomp IO with Ableton

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

How to use Stomp IO with Ableton

Postby thesnoo02 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:53 am

I have a Stomp IO that i use with Amplitube 4 on computer and was wondering how I can use it with Ableton? Thanks.
thesnoo02

Re: How to use Stomp IO with Ableton

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Ableton Live would be able to load AmpliTube 4 as an FX plug-in. Check out this video below for a user walk through of this set up.

The iRig Stomp I/O should be able to be set up like any other Audio or MIDI device in Ableton. Below are also videos from Ableton which offer some help setting up Audio and MIDI interfaces.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby luvkings4ever@yahoo.com » Tue May 18, 2021 3:13 am

Hello thanks for the video. I’m using Ableton Live 11, and I just got the iRig Stomp IO. Unfortunately I can’t get it to work in the DAW, however it works fine in LIVE mode. All I want to do is turn a flanger off and on while playing a song. I used the Learn function to set the four front buttons to bypass, but it just won’t do it. On the fourth button I get a flashing orange light afterwards. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
luvkings4ever@yahoo.com

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 18, 2021 3:38 pm

If you use Ableton Live check out this video below. This walk though should help. The start goes through LIVE mode. Watch through for some tips or skip to the end for the section on Ableton Live.

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jblongz » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:13 pm

I am using a different audio interface (SSL), but I setup the midi the same way. I still can't do any program or control changes My DAW reads the pedal as CC11, but Amplitube is not responding to the unit.
jblongz

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:35 pm

jblongz wrote:I am using a different audio interface (SSL), but I setup the midi the same way. I still can't do any program or control changes My DAW reads the pedal as CC11, but Amplitube is not responding to the unit.

The gear shouldn't necessarily matter. The process should remain the same.

What DAW are you using though? Make sure you have the plug-in set up properly for the DAW. Different DAWs usually require a slightly different set up.

In Ableton Live for example doesn't natively accept MIDI on it's Audio tracks. To route MIDI to them, you need a separate MIDI track with the I/O (Input/Output) section set to send output to the AmpliTube plug-in.

If you can send me a PM with your specifics, I can check into how I can help out.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jblongz » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:14 pm

Thanks I figured out that in a Ableton I need to setup a midi track.
jblongz

Return to Interfaces & Controllers