iRig Keys I/O 49 - losing connection

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Keys I/O 49 - losing connection

Postby mefredg » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Hi,
It's a quite old model: Hama "USB 2.0 Hub", see here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-USB-2-0-Hub-bus-black/dp/B0002VFMX2
mefredg

Postby dafingaz » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Cool. Thanks!
dafingaz

Postby dafingaz » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Still having the dropout issue when connecting to GarageBand. I just recently purchased the power supply hoping that would help...unfortunately, it does not. I'm opening (another) ticket with IK support, but if anyone else has suggestions, I would appreciate it!....
dafingaz

Postby mefredg » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:01 am

Hi,
FYI yesterday I upgraded my iPad Pro to the latest IOS 12.4.1 and since then no more dropouts! (with the iRig directly connected to the iPad, no more USB Hub in-between)
My 2 cents
Fred
mefredg

Postby scottsen11 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:29 pm

I use the same keyboard but with the 2018 iPad (regular not pro or air) and haven't had any issues. One thing that struck me was you mentioned the IK’s mini-DIN to USB-C cable. Does your iPad pro not have the lightening connection? I plug my iRig keys into the iPad directly with the provided lightning cable and it works fine. shareit apk
Last edited by scottsen11 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottsen11

Postby mefredg » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi,
The iRig Keys I/O 49 is also working fine with the iPad pro 3rg gen, running the iPadOS just released (13.1.2). So I guess this topic could be closed.
Enjoy
Fred.
mefredg

Postby dafingaz » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:40 pm

For those wondering, I can get it to work in GarageBand on the Mac if I lower the master fader about halfway before recording. That seems to work for the most part, but I’ll follow up if the issue remains.
dafingaz

Postby halfcack » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:57 pm

I would still look into watching where your hands are in relation to the pitch bend and capacitive controls.

Each time I got close to those, weird things happened.

Also, noticed that parts of the B demo are dubbed in. I noticed a few slaps that a third hand would have had to do.

I am a little ways away from slapping so I might have missed something.

Notice that when using the Leslie control, he used a reach around with the right hand and hit the mod control staying well away from the pitch strip.

Just suggestions.
halfcack

Postby dafingaz » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:23 am

Still having issues on the Mac. I was having the issue in GarageBand where I might get a few minutes of audio in and out with the iRig keys I/O 25. I upgraded to Logic for the free trial (90 days!!) and still have the same issue; it worked for about 15 minutes and then the sound dropped again.

I've tried multiple options (different USB-C cables, the iRig power adapter, etc.) with the same problem occurring. I even sent it in to IK Multimedia for repair.

Anyone have any other ideas? As a reminder it does (and always has) work fine with the iPad; I have only had issues with it dropping while using it with a Mac....
dafingaz

Postby halfcack » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:48 am

I can't be that much help but do you have a display and brightness section.

If so or something that looks like it, try and prevent the app from shutting down and going into auto lock. Mine is set to two minutes.

I have my recording apps set to never shut down.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

I have an old, old iris 37 I/O and I can’t remember it ever doing that. Things have changed so much, it might have to stay powered to keep the app alive.

I bought the irig 2 and it’s been really working well. Excellent build.

Good luck.
halfcack

Postby dafingaz » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:15 am

halfcack wrote:I can't be that much help but do you have a display and brightness section.

If so or something that looks like it, try and prevent the app from shutting down and going into auto lock. Mine is set to two minutes.

I have my recording apps set to never shut down.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

I have an old, old iris 37 I/O and I can’t remember it ever doing that. Things have changed so much, it might have to stay powered to keep the app alive.

I bought the irig 2 and it’s been really working well. Excellent build.

Good luck.

Thanks! I have no problem using it with an iOS device; the problem I am having is using it on a Mac. Good notes to keep in mind though. Thanks again!
dafingaz

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:15 pm

Have you reported your issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support ? They will surely be able to assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dafingaz » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Yep.
Peter_IK wrote:Have you reported your issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support ? They will surely be able to assist you.

Yep...several times over the years. :( LOL. Usually unplugging and plugging back in can get me going for a few more minutes and then it loses sound again. Has anyone else reported issues like this?
dafingaz

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:07 pm

dafingaz wrote:Yep.
Peter_IK wrote:Have you reported your issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support ? They will surely be able to assist you.

Yep...several times over the years. :( LOL. Usually unplugging and plugging back in can get me going for a few more minutes and then it loses sound again. Has anyone else reported issues like this?

I'm not in support nor is the forum a support forum so I'd recommend asking the support team that question and to tell them that their suggestions have not worked.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Domgau » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:09 pm

bonjour
je suis incapable de mettre a jour mon controller et plus une rouge clignote ou encore reste bleu.
il met dit erreur
je ne suis plus capable de l'ouvrir
pour choisir mes programmes
Domgau

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers