iRig Keys I/O 49 - losing connection

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys I/O 49 - losing connection

Postby sslyutov » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:36 pm

I found the same issue has been reported from different sources.
The controller loses connection. It recovers the connection after being power-cycled.
It has happened a few times with my controller (powered by batteries, connected to laptop or iPad)

I wonder whether this is a feature (like power saving) or it is a bug.
If it is a feature is there any way to control it (like use an external power supply or disabling it through the setup)
sslyutov

Re: iRig Keys I/O 49 - losing connection

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 pm

The best way to assess what is happening is to report your issue directly to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support where they can compare the technical details with others and assess. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sslyutov » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 pm

Thank you I will contact customer support.
Are you aware of such issue or not? (I have a strong feeling that I am not the first person reporting this problem)
Do you know if topic "5.2.4 Send “All Notes Off” MIDI message" solves the connection problem as well?

There is no field to describe the problem on the customer support page
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
I am confused about how to provide the description or the problem?
Last edited by sslyutov on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sslyutov

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 pm

sslyutov wrote:Thank you I will contact customer support.
Are you aware of such issue or not? (I have a strong feeling that I am not the first person reporting this problem)
Do you know if topic "5.2.4 Send “All Notes Off” MIDI message" solved the connection problem as well?

I am not but I am also not a tech support rep so they would likely hear anything with multiple reports. I also don't know if the topic you mention would resolve such an issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sslyutov » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:25 pm

I am confused about how to provide the description of the problem?

This all looks like a bad joke ;(
sslyutov

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 pm

sslyutov wrote:I am confused about how to provide the description of the problem?

This all looks like a bad joke ;(

You can choose iRig Keys I/O 49 for the product and if you have issues with other fields, clicking the "i" icon will provide assistance.

You can then hit Submit and you'll go to a page where you can enter more descriptive information about your issue.

I don't feel that calling it a joke is appropriate, there are a few fields to fill out and help icons to click if you have problems doing so.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sslyutov » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Thank you!

I have done all that before responding here again.
It is not obvious that the submit button will bring the next page.

thanks again
sslyutov

Postby dafingaz » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:17 am

I've had this same issue ongoing since I first got the iRig Keys I/O 25 (almost a year ago). It works great with iOS but drops frequently when connected to the laptop. Power cycling the iRig Keys I/O gets it back up and running, but maybe only for a few minutes before it drops again.

I have tried multiple cables and informed customer support. This problem has occurred with previous firmware and the latest firmware (using Garageband on a MacBook Pro in Mojave).

Any other thoughts?
dafingaz

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:54 pm

dafingaz wrote:I've had this same issue ongoing since I first got the iRig Keys I/O 25 (almost a year ago). It works great with iOS but drops frequently when connected to the laptop. Power cycling the iRig Keys I/O gets it back up and running, but maybe only for a few minutes before it drops again.

I have tried multiple cables and informed customer support. This problem has occurred with previous firmware and the latest firmware (using Garageband on a MacBook Pro in Mojave).

Any other thoughts?

Have you replied to your support ticket stating that the issue is not resolved for you? They will continue to assist you in that case. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:14 am

I don't know, if You mean the same by "losing connection", but this is what my Rig Keys I/O does
It does not matter, if I play music from Youtube or from computer. Onlyrhing that helps, is to turn the iRig Keys off and on again and everything is fine. Until the next time :-)
Sometimes it plays for hours with no problem, the other time I an only listen for less than minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ytps2k ... e=youtu.be
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:14 am

I don't know, if You mean the same by "losing connection", but this is what my Rig Keys I/O does
It does not matter, if I play music from Youtube or from computer. Onlyrhing that helps, is to turn the iRig Keys off and on again and everything is fine. Until the next time :-)
Sometimes it plays for hours with no problem, the other time I an only listen for less than minute.

tommy@paabel.ee

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:40 am

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:I don't know, if You mean the same by "losing connection", but this is what my Rig Keys I/O does

So I talked to my friend who knows about electronics ect. He asked, if the iRig Keys i/o is powered by USB or external power source. I have mine powered by USB. He asked, if I have another devices connected to USB. Yes, I have USB bluetooth adapter for my mouse and keyboard. He asked, if there is option for external power source and what are the parametesr. So I searceh and found that there is external power source for iRig Keys i/o (PSU 3a) and it's 5V 3000mA.
Somewhy it is sold separately, not included with iRig Keys.
My freind sayd, that the problem maybe, taht iRig KEys I/O needs too much power to be powered by USB, if there are other devices connected and need external power supply.

So I connected iRig Keys I/O to my laptop with no extra devices in USB and no problem.
I'd want to test my I/o with external power supply with my computer, but I will not buy it "just for test" with this price. So maybe I find somewhere power supply with same parameters to give it a try
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby dafingaz » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:58 am

I use the USB power with no other USB or
Bluetooth devices connected. I do not have the power
adapter, but may look into trying that option...
dafingaz

Postby mefredg » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Hi,
FYI I managed to make it work with my new iPad Pro using an Apple “USB C-USB A” adapter AND an external (dedicated) unpowered USB 2.0 hub.
Regards
Fred.
mefredg

Postby dafingaz » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:11 pm

mefredg wrote:Hi,
FYI I managed to make it work with my new iPad Pro using an Apple “USB C-USB A” adapter AND an external (dedicated) unpowered USB 2.0 hub.
Regards
Fred.

Thanks, Fred! You mind sharing the make/model of the USB 2.0 hub?
dafingaz

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers