iRig Keys I/O USB to USB-C adapter for new iPad Pro ?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys I/O USB to USB-C adapter for new iPad Pro ?

Postby pedech » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Has anyone tried to connect the iRig Keys I/O to the new iPad Pro using the provided USB cable with an USB to USB-C adapter ? Will this setup work ?
pedech

Re: iRig Keys I/O USB to USB-C adapter for new iPad Pro ?

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:42 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The iRig Keys I/O will work on the iPad Pro (2018) with the USB-C to Mini-DIN cable offered from the IK Multimedia web store (Link below). Unfortunately, this will not charge the connected iOS device at this time, but we are looking into this topic. Stay tuned to the IK Multimedia news letter for future developments.

Mini-DIN to USB-C Cable

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby TKTurbo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:31 am

Is this cable available in different lengths? Trying to use iRig Keys Pro and iPad in live situation and I need a little more reach.
TKTurbo

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:36 am

TKTurbo wrote:Is this cable available in different lengths? Trying to use iRig Keys Pro and iPad in live situation and I need a little more reach.

That link goes to a cable with a single length. I don't see other versions at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/spareparts/ which is where those would be shown.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pedech » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:17 pm

I was able to get the iPad Pro to power while using iRig Keys I/O when I use a powered usb hub dongle.
pedech

Postby rockyresto85 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:59 pm

pedech wrote:I was able to get the iPad Pro to power while using iRig Keys I/O when I use a powered usb hub dongle.

What powered usb hub dongle are you using and how to set it up? How is the performance of both irig and ipad? Is this not harmful for both when not using the prescribed PSU 3A?
rockyresto85

Postby pedech » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:47 pm

rockyresto85 wrote:
pedech wrote:I was able to get the iPad Pro to power while using iRig Keys I/O when I use a powered usb hub dongle.

What powered usb hub dongle are you using and how to set it up? How is the performance of both irig and iPad? Is this not harmful for both when not using the prescribed PSU 3A?

I used this one:" USB-C Hub Thunderbolt 3 Adapter Type-C to USB 3.0 USB C to USB A Multiport" , bought it in eBay. This dongle does not come with a PSU. It does have a USB-C power input, where I connected an Apple PSU from a MacBook Pro. So, absolutely no harm to the iPad Pro, since it is an apple PSU feeding it. IRig Keys I/O then gets its power from the hub and no harm so far. Benefit here is that iPad Pro get charged , iRig Keys I/O runs USB powered and you get an extra USB connection , which I am using to connect UNO to the iPad. I will post a video showing it in use soon.
pedech

Postby rockyresto85 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:04 pm

pedech wrote:
rockyresto85 wrote:

What powered usb hub dongle are you using and how to set it up? How is the performance of both irig and iPad? Is this not harmful for both when not using the prescribed PSU 3A?

I used this one:" USB-C Hub Thunderbolt 3 Adapter Type-C to USB 3.0 USB C to USB A Multiport" , bought it in eBay. This dongle does not come with a PSU. It does have a USB-C power input, where I connected an Apple PSU from a MacBook Pro. So, absolutely no harm to the iPad Pro, since it is an apple PSU feeding it. IRig Keys I/O then gets its power from the hub and no harm so far. Benefit here is that iPad Pro get charged , iRig Keys I/O runs USB powered and you get an extra USB connection , which I am using to connect UNO to the iPad. I will post a video showing it in use soon.

Thank you for your prompt reply! I'm trying to imagine the set up and that video will surely help more! Looking forward to it! Thanks in advance!
rockyresto85

Postby pedech » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:38 pm

The video showing the setup is now online:

https://youtu.be/i7DteCZgUa8
pedech

Return to Interfaces & Controllers