iRig Stomp I/O and Logic X AT plug-in Issue

AXE I/O, iRig Stomp I/O, StealthPlug, StealthPedal, StompIO Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O and Logic X AT plug-in Issue

Postby haluska.paul » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Hoping someone can help me. I bought the iRig Stomp I/O to control Amplitube 4 plug in within Logic X. My guitar goes through a USB interface (Behringer UMC 1820)- I just want this board as a controller of the AT4 stomps and Exp pedals.

While it nicely controls AT4 as a stand alone both in Stomp and Default modes, it does not seem to function with the Logic X AT4 plug in. Overall, Logic X does not seem to receive any MIDI signals from the board at all, which is a bit confusion. I've tried connecting with the USB cable as well as standard MIDI cables (tried through MIDI hub and directly into USB interface).

I have also noted that, while the iRig Stomp I/O shows up and is active in the Mac Audio MIDI Setup, in test mode its MIDI outputs don't send signal in response to stepping on footstomps or exp pedal.

Is this just not going to work??
haluska.paul

Re: iRig Stomp I/O and Logic X AT plug-in Issue

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Check out this great user video on this topic.

Below are some typed out steps which should help you get your AmpliTube 4 software working with MIDI control in the Logic Pro X DAW.

- Open Logic

- Create an Track and add AmpliTube 4 as an Audio FX (In the Mixer View)

- Now, go to the "Logic Pro X" tab (At the top of your screen. To the right of the Apple logo.)

- Select "Control Surfaces"

- Inside here, select "Controller Assignments"

- Now, inside this window select "Learn" - Go back to the AmpliTube 4 window

- Right click the parameter you wish to control via MIDI

- Select "Assign Automation"

- Choose "Parameter 1" (For this example)

- Go to the upper right hand corner of the AmpliTube 4 window and change the "View" from "AmpliTube4CocoaView" to "Controls"

- Now, select the "Parameter 1" control in this window and move this around (This should cause the control to appear in your "Controller Assignments" window)

- Next, move the MIDI knob or switch you wish to use with this control

- Your AmpliTube 4 parameter of choice should now be linked to your MIDI controller!

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby haluska.paul » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:34 am

Ryan_IK,
Thanks for your help. Yes, this was useful. I was a able to use the controller assignments function to assign controls to pedal parameters. For example, I was able to assign the exp pedal to Slash DistWah. But what about 'Next Preset" or "previous preset'. These don't appear assignable using the right click technique- Assign automation pull down doesn't come up. Is there another way to assign this? I would like to use the first two stomps to go up and down in the presets menu...
haluska.paul

Postby timchandler » Fri May 03, 2019 6:18 am

Well since he answered one day after your first post, very eager like, but it has now been months with no answer to your follow up, I'm assuming this is his extremely rude way of saying, "it can't be done, but we won't admit it because it might hurt sales." Just like when you make plans with a friend who decides it's easier just to not show up rather than tell you they don't want to go with you. And you just want to bash their inconsiderate face in and never talk to them again. But you don't because you like some of their guitar equipment, so you let them remain your "friend".

But you tell everybody you know what a **** he is, and warn them never to buy his gear unless you want to be left trying to, I don't know, let's say drive the boat and pull your self behind it on a wakeboard at the same time. And then it becomes obvious you can't change the presets with his gear you bought from him either, and you REALLY wish you could have all the hours back that you spent looking for a solution that doesn't exist. And it would have literally taken your "friend" 30 seconds to let you know and save you all that time. Then you realize that if your "friend" did this to you, he's probably done it to other people as well. And you realize that your "friend" sells guitar gear to people all over the world, and that many more people may have spent hours researching your same issue, and they might be just as irritated. And what about all the other issues that came up when your "friend" did the same thing to other people, and still more people relied on what that "friend" was saying, or were waiting for that "friend"s answer, whichever the case may be. And you realize--that "friend" (and I'm pretty sure by now you know that person ain't your friend) could have spent literally 30 seconds to say simply, "Sorry, but I don't want to pull you while you wakeboard," or "Sorry, but that can't be done on my gear, but it's not our fault--the DAWs make it impossible," or whatever the correct answer is given each situation, and he would have possibly saved people THOUSANDS OF HOURS, all things considered, on doing pointless research. And he could have prevented his friend that he screwed over from ever going around telling everybody in the world and on the internet who would listen what a POS his former friend is. I'm just sayin' . . . Karma. There are consequences to being a . . . poor friend.
timchandler

Postby haluska.paul » Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 am

Thanks- I think the contemporary chat term you are referring to is ‘ghosting’. You are right in that I don’t know if I am just doing it wrong, or it can’t be done. It seems to be the latter, which there was no way to know (and I still don’t know) prior to the purchase
haluska.paul

Postby garfy » Fri May 03, 2019 11:03 am

Hello haluska.paul

Apologies for Ryan_IK not coming back onto the thread and, although I cannot speak for him, it could be something as simple as he didn't receive notification that there had been a reply after his last comment. It is definitely not intentional for anyone to be ignored on this forum BUT it is primarily a user-to-user forum and not direct to IK Tech Support. We are here as moderators and can only do so much.

If you are still having any problems and you want definitive clarification on software I would suggest opening a ticket with Official IK Support using the following link: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.6 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby haluska.paul » Fri May 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Thanks for the reply, Garfy.
But I am not sure why there is a need for a new post- Can just the primary question be answered? Can the STOMP I/O change presets in AT as a Logic plug in? It would appear not. If that can be verified by IK, I think it would close the loop, as it doesn’t seem the community has any clear answer. Regards- Paul
haluska.paul

Postby garfy » Fri May 03, 2019 12:42 pm

By following the link I gave you, you would open a ticket direct with official support. They would be able to tell you categorically if you can do what you want and how. This would not open a new post on this forum.

As no one has chimed in from the user community I suspect that no one has the same combination of hardware/software/intent that you have and therefore cannot give you an answer. Official IK Support would.

As I’ve already said though, this is not a tech support forum and is not frequented by anyone from Official IK Support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.6 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri May 03, 2019 4:37 pm

Hi Guys!

Sorry for the delayed reply.

As garfy guessed, I was not alerted of this thread's reply. Not sure why, but that's not important. What is important is that we are in no way trying to 'hide' anything here. We are more than happy to help in anyway we can.

Were you able to reach out to support as garfy suggested?

If not, please make sure to do so. This would be the correct place for assistance getting set up. While we are more than happy to help the best we can here, this is not technical support. This forum is meant solely for user-to-user contact.

The link below is the same one garfy sent over to help you get in touch with the team.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Once opened, send me a PM with your Ticket #.

Now, in the meantime let's see if I can provide some information which may help here :geek: . To start, the MIDI window accessed in the lower right hand corner of AmpliTube will offer these controls (Preset Next & Preset Previous). Go to the Control Change section under Global. This section offers a manual insert for MIDI CC messages or a Learn function, like the rest of AmpliTube.

In this page you can also use MIDI PC (Program Change) messages to recall specific presets. Use the Program Change window to assign presets to different PC messages. The drop down to the left of the Preset drop down selector will also allow assigning of MIDI PC messages to AmpliTube presets.

In your User Manual, check out Chapter 13 for a in-depth look at MIDI Control in AmpliTube 4. This should go over these different options and explain more about what I am 'saying' here.

Note* All DAWs will access these functions differently, so always be sure to check with your DAW user manual for extra help. I know this is a dreaded reply, but each DAW is it's own world organized in their own way. Do note, our support team does stay up to date with the latest industry tools, so they are an excellent resource.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby haluska.paul » Fri May 03, 2019 5:38 pm

Thanks Ryan- appreciate that. I’m currently out of US, but I will try doing this once I get back this weekend. Thanks! Paul
haluska.paul

Postby shrayzor » Thu May 09, 2019 1:06 am

Ryan_IK wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Check out this great user video on this topic.

Below are some typed out steps which should help you get your AmpliTube 4 software working with MIDI control in the Logic Pro X DAW.

- Open Logic

- Create an Track and add AmpliTube 4 as an Audio FX (In the Mixer View)

- Now, go to the "Logic Pro X" tab (At the top of your screen. To the right of the Apple logo.)

- Select "Control Surfaces"

- Inside here, select "Controller Assignments"

- Now, inside this window select "Learn" - Go back to the AmpliTube 4 window

- Right click the parameter you wish to control via MIDI

- Select "Assign Automation"

- Choose "Parameter 1" (For this example)

- Go to the upper right hand corner of the AmpliTube 4 window and change the "View" from "AmpliTube4CocoaView" to "Controls"

- Now, select the "Parameter 1" control in this window and move this around (This should cause the control to appear in your "Controller Assignments" window)

- Next, move the MIDI knob or switch you wish to use with this control

- Your AmpliTube 4 parameter of choice should now be linked to your MIDI controller!

Hope this helps!

This is exactly what I was looking for!!! I knew of the video but I wanted to be able to control the effects while I'm playing!! I have looked everywhere and the video was the best that I could find until I found this gem of a post last night! Tested it just now and works perfectly with Axe io.
shrayzor

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Glad to hear everything's working! :D
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby greenwhistlegraphics » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:50 am

I'm using an expression pedal connected to my Irig Blueboard and this has worked for me too! The only issue I'm experiencing is that when I use the expression pedal as a wah in the Amplitube 4 plugin in Logic Pro X there is a lot of crackling and popping. It is not the pedal itslef because when I use it in Amplitube 4 standalone version it works perfectly. Did anybody else have this issue?
greenwhistlegraphics

Postby jeremyspade » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:49 am

I'm still in logic 9... sorry. But I did buy a shiny new somp I/O, mainly because I could never get my FCB1010 to work with AT.

So, watched the video and it does work as described. However, I have to record vanilla guitar and then record effect changes afterwards... I mean... that's fine in a pinch, especially if you're using a mod wheel on your keyboard... but... I can't play live this way. I'm one of those dinosaurs that started playing guitar over 20 years ago. Back then we had hard metal boxes instead of GUIs, and we timed when we stepped on effects to match what we were playing to... it's this whole crazy thing with it's own feel.

I can't seem to do this to save my life... AT will "learn" effects in a midi channel, and you can sidechain it to an audio channel, but it will only effect audio already present in the track, not the input of my guitar.

midi learn does not work on AT as an effect in your audio track, even when you match up the midi routing... and if it did, it wouldn't record the midi effect changes anyway... unless there's some obscure automation trick I'm unaware of.

So... i guess what I'm trying to say is... is there anyway to use this pretty thing like it was an actual pedal board and I was an actual guitarist recording a track with a couple stomps and a wah?

Hopefully this makes sense.
jeremyspade

Postby gilesawood » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:58 pm

Well the first Stomp Box I/O that was posed to me was faulty, the wah pedal squeeked loudly and all of the lights on the unit flashed diferent colours when the pedal was used, when plugged into the PC via USB it crashed my computer and the stop box went dead. The IK Support over a month were arrogant and usesless and would not even admit that the unit could have a major fault. But I returned it to the shop I got it from and they returned it to IK Multimedia and a few weeks later they sent a brand new one. Great I thought I can get it working - no - The Stomp I/O works fine in stand alone mode but does not work at all in any DAW. I tryed Maschne, Cubase and Ableton, the Stomp I/O was listed as a device but was not recodnised by either DAW and just did not work, even the work around of Midi lean did not work. I am not using a USB Hub, I have an i5 dual core PC and even tryed it on a second computer and had the same issue.

Now I have a very heavy hart as I have to get back to the support team, who were not great.
I purchased the Stomp I/O because it was advertised as having seamless intergration. This is really not the case and I am going to send it back as it is just a usless piece of metal and plasic as I cannot use to make tracks in my studio.

If they really were for musicans first they aould have written a driver on PC for the unit but no money first. VERY VERY DISSAPOINTED. I have two mind so sue them for faulse advertising. Good luck anyone in the same situation. I am at my wits end. :evil: :evil: :twisted:
gilesawood

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers