Stealth Pedal Installation in Windows 10

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stealth Pedal Installation in Windows 10

Postby dopeysowner » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:58 am

Hello all,

First I'd like to say that I tried submitting a version of this as a Support Ticket through the Support system, but got repeated "Ticket denied. Error #403" messages in multiple browsers. I don't know what that means or what's going on there, but I can't get formal support so I thought I'd post here in hopes that someone can help me.

I'm trying to find out how to properly install my Stealth Pedal in Windows 10 for use with Amplitube 4 Max. I use it as my Digital Audio Interface for my guitar and keyboard and the software is useless to me without it.

I've owned my Stealth Pedal and Amplitube 3 since 2010, but recently purchased Total Studio 2 Max (thanks for the amazing Cyber Monday discount!).

I installed Amplitube 3 on this same PC last year and the Stealth Pedal worked fine. It also had me install a basic/limited version of Amplitube 4 and the Stealth Pedal worked as an input with that as well. Everything was great. :D

I then had to re-install my entire operating system due to a faulty Windows 10 Update earlier this year. I didn't re-install Amplitube 3 afterward because I knew I was going to be purchasing Amplitube 4 Max at some point.

Tonight I plugged my Stealth Pedal into my PC, Windows recognized it and said that it had installed properly.

I then installed Amplitube 4 Max, but the Stealth Pedal isn't available as an input option anywhere. :(

I went to "Settings", then "Audio Midi Setup". I chose "ASIO" and the only option I get for input is "Creative ASIO" (my soundcard is fully ASIO compatible). When I did this last year, the Stealth Pedal appeared in a drop-down list there in both Amplitube 3 and the included basic version of Amplitube 4.

I fear that I did something wrong this time by letting Windows install the driver on its own. I simply assumed the Stealth Pedal was Plug and Play. Thinking back, I seem to remember Amplitube 3 installing the drivers and software prior to me plugging the Stealth Pedal in last year, but I can't remember for sure. I also noticed that the Stealth Pedal software didn't install this time either. I'd rather not have to install Amplitube 3 if I don't have to simply due to drive space on my SSD.

For some reason the Stealth Pedal isn't listed under my Registered Products and I can't find the original disc that came with it.

Any help and/or instructions would be greatly appreciated! I know that it can work properly with my PC due to my experiences last year, but am worried that perhaps the wrong drivers got installed this time (or something along those lines).

Sorry that this is so long, but I thought it better to include too much information than too little.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just searched for and found the instruction manual for installing the Stealth Pedal. It clearly states NOT to plug in the Stealth Pedal prior to installing Amplitube and the included driver. So it would seem that my fear about Windows installing the driver was probably correct.

However, Amplitube 4 Max didn't come with a driver for it like Amplitube 3 did.

Does this mean that I have to uninstall the device completely and install Amplitube 3 in order to make this work?

I'm also now REALLY worried about the all caps "DO NOT connect the Stealth Pedal to the computer yet." I sincerely hope I didn't mess anything up permanently by simply plugging in my Stealth Pedal. :cry:

Thanks again and I hope someone can help me!
dopeysowner

Re: Stealth Pedal Installation in Windows 10

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Hello!

Thanks for your post.

We are sorry to hear of your troubles creating a ticket as well as your troubles getting started here.

As this is not a support forum I am going to send you a PM with some steps on how to move forward here.

Below is some information which should help in the meantime for you and any other users reading.

1) All IK Multimedia proprietary drivers for products like the StealthPedal or StealthPlug are listed in your User Area -> Drivers section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/drivers/). Without these drivers your system will not properly see this device.

*The StealthPedal has both a MIDI control software and driver set for Windows.

2) All products registered will appear under User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/). Make sure to check that you are using the correct log in information (We can work on this directly, no need to follow up with this point).

3) For your last questions, do not worry, we should be able to help here :D

Please keep a look out for my PM with more information.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dopeysowner » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Hello Ryan_IK!

Thanks for your reply!

Forgive me if I'm just being impatient ( :) ), but I have yet to receive a PM from you. :(

1. Thanks for that link! Windows installed its own set of drivers and the Stealth Pedal does appear in my Devices (under "Sound, video, game controllers"), but I'm guessing that since the drivers state that they're created by Microsoft, they're the wrong ones and that's why nothing works, lol.

The Stealth Pedal midi-controller software isn't at the link though. :?

2. All of my software (a TON now thanks to your recent sale!) appears in my user area, but not my Stealth Pedal (and yes, I checked the Hardware section too - it's empty). The oldest is Amplitube 3 from way back when I bought the Stealth Pedal/Amplitube 3 combo direct from IK Multimedia. I obviously would have registered it all back in 2010 (and only received one registration/activation code in the box), so I have no idea why it's not there.

3. Thanks for telling me not to worry! I'm still worried, but slightly less so now :D . I'm glad to hear that it sounds like my mistake wasn't too horrific. My guess is that I'm simply going to have to Uninstall the device through Windows Device Manager and then re-install the correct drivers, but I'm going to hold off until I hear from you because I don't want to make anything worse.

I'm usually tech-savvy enough to figure things out on my own, but sometimes that just ends up getting me into trouble. :lol:

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!
dopeysowner

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Glad I could help ease your mind a little bit :D

I just PMed you so keep a look out for my message.

As for your question on the StealthPedal MIDI Control software. My apologies, this will be listed under 'Related Downloads' for this product. This will be in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/). We can look into why you do not see this product in your account in our message, but thank you for the information. This does help moving forward.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers