Using Stomp IO with another Audio Interface in DAW?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Using Stomp IO with another Audio Interface in DAW?

Postby memento12777 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi all.
I have just got the Stomp IO pedal board. I want to use it to control Amplitube in my DAW (Studio One) but dont want to switch to the Stomp audio interface. I would like to keep my DAW setup with my existing Audio interface. Is there a way to use the pedal in a DAW but through another Audio Interface?
Many thanks in advance for any help?
memento12777

Re: Using Stomp IO with another Audio Interface in DAW?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Yes, in any DAW you should be able to choose and configure your audio interface and MIDI controller(s) separately.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby del6174 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:14 am

Peter,

I cannot get the stomp to control AmpliTube as a plug-in opened in Studio One. The DAW shows midi input when I use the Stomp but it is not doing anything in Amplitube. Any suggestion? I don’t have to manually map every control do I?
del6174

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:23 am

From another post by @Ryan_IK:

At this time there is no 'Live' mode when using AmpliTube as a plug-in. This means the 'Live' view will not appear as it does in stand-alone and the iRig Stomp I/O controls will not automatically learn to the AmpliTube gear.

The AmpliTube software should however recall all saved data from the use of AmpliTube stand-alone software with Live mode through the use of Presets. In short, this means you can load AmpliTube in stand-alone to get your patches/presets set up quick and easy, to then use these same patches in your DAW. Otherwise, 'MIDI' learn will need to be used to get your assignments going. This should just be a quick right-click -> MIDI Learn. These settings are saved to Presets, so when these are recalled, these settings do not need to be 're-learned'.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eahudimac » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:28 pm

del6174 wrote:Peter,

I cannot get the stomp to control AmpliTube as a plug-in opened in Studio One. The DAW shows midi input when I use the Stomp but it is not doing anything in Amplitube. Any suggestion? I don’t have to manually map every control do I?

I am having this exact same issue. Amplitube and iRig Stomp IO work great when I am using Amplitube as a stand alone and not as a VST with studio one. When I open studio one and add Amplitube as a VST to the track, the iRig Stomp does not work. Studio One is getting the MIDI signal, but it is not making it to Amplitube. Any solutions?
eahudimac

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:40 pm

eahudimac wrote:
del6174 wrote:Peter,

I am having this exact same issue. Amplitube and iRig Stomp IO work great when I am using Amplitube as a stand alone and not as a VST with studio one. When I open studio one and add Amplitube as a VST to the track, the iRig Stomp does not work. Studio One is getting the MIDI signal, but it is not making it to Amplitube. Any solutions?

I'm not a Studio One user but you'd also need to get the MIDI to that specific track. I would recommend reporting your issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if no Studio One users chime in with the proper method to make sure MIDI is getting to the proper track and plugin in Studio One. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deanx666 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:53 pm

memento12777 wrote:Hi all.
I have just got the Stomp IO pedal board. I want to use it to control Amplitube in my DAW (Studio One) but dont want to switch to the Stomp audio interface. I would like to keep my DAW setup with my existing Audio interface. Is there a way to use the pedal in a DAW but through another Audio Interface?

It seems this is the OPs (memento12777) only post on the IK forum. I might be wrong and it would be very strange how said user got hold of an original Stomp IO in NOV 2018 but..... maybe he was talking about the original Stomp IO and not the iRig Stomp?

If I'm wrong I'll shut up. If I'm right I might be able to help, and I mean 'might'! My beloved Stomp IO was stomped on for too many a year on too many a stage now but I've seen some floating around the market still.

Best
Dean
Live Rig = PRS + Stomp IO + AMplitube 3 (what more could I need)

My Guitar Site = www.guitar-rocks.co.uk
My Band Site = www.relocatetheband.com
deanx666

Postby population » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:07 am

deanx666 wrote:
memento12777 wrote:Hi all.

It seems this is the OPs (memento12777) only post on the IK forum. I might be wrong and it would be very strange how said user got hold of an original Stomp IO in NOV 2018 but..... maybe he was talking about the original Stomp IO and not the iRig Stomp?

If I'm wrong I'll shut up. If I'm right I might be able to help, and I mean 'might'! My beloved Stomp IO was stomped on for too many a year on too many a stage now but I've seen some floating around the market still.

Best
Dean

Hi Dean

I am not sure exactly what you are saying here but are you saying you can help with setting up the irig stomp in studio one? If so I would very much appreciate any pointers as I am struggling to get it to work.
population

Return to Interfaces & Controllers