External Midi Pedal for Stomp IO

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

External Midi Pedal for Stomp IO

Postby richo144 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:22 pm

The 4 swtiches in irig stomp IO are not enough for me and I already added two extra expression pedals, it is posible to connect something like the Logidy Umi 3 midi foot controller thru the midi in input in the iirig to use them as more switches? (I would have to make amplitube midi learn functions for those new switches)
richo144

Re: External Midi Pedal for Stomp IO

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Yes, the MIDI IN port could be used for connecting third party MIDI gear.

There are also two 'EXT' inputs on the iRig Stomp I/O. These can be used with expression pedals or foot switches designed for MIDI controllers.

If you are using iOS or macOS, check out the iRig BlueBoard. I use these devices together all of the time. They are great for sending any MIDI CC or MIDI PC messages needed.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigblueboard/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby richo144 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:53 pm

Thanks Ryan, so I could connect another irig stomp io thru the midi port to have 8 switched and 2 expression pefals for example?
richo144

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:23 am

Technically, yes, this would be possible. Unfortunately, as these would send the same MIDI CC values in STOMP Mode, this may not be as effective as possible. This would allow for one pedal to be in PRESET mode and the other in STOMP mode for complete control of your rig. As well as up to 4 external expression pedals/foot-switches.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers