Stomp I/O Virtual Switch takes way too much pressure to trig

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp I/O Virtual Switch takes way too much pressure to trig

Postby dlwhite66 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:06 am

I'm 250 lbs and I have to put most of my weight forward on the pedal to get the virtual switch to trigger. Is there any adjustments that can be made to make the switch easier to trigger. I'd like to be able to trigger it while sitting down and I just can't do it.
dlwhite66

Re: Stomp I/O Virtual Switch takes way too much pressure to

Postby smcvey » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:09 pm

You can try a pedal calibration, but I don’t know how to interpret the manual with regard to the virtual switch:

The on-board expression pedal is factory calibrated to offer the best experience. Nevertheless, a user pedal calibration may be required. Before to perform the pedal calibration, bring the pedal to its minimum position. To start the calibration process keep pressed the footswitch 3 while powering up iRig Stomp I/O. When the iRig Stomp I/O is in pedal calibration the pedal’s LED blink alternatively in red and green: move the expression pedal from its minimum to its maximum (please note that the calibration does not consider the virtual switch). To end the calibration, press any of the footswitches: if the calibration ended up successfully the pedal’s LED blinks for few seconds green, otherwise it will blinks for few seconds red to indicate that something gone wrong during the procedure.
smcvey

Postby dlwhite66 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:10 am

the calibration has no effect on the virtual switch.
dlwhite66

Postby Simust72 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi.
I've been having the same need of "heavy weight" pressure to toggle the virtual footswitch for a long time untill finally, yesterday, I realized that the rubber protection under the pedal tip is easily removable. I removed it and noticed not only that without it the switch toggles each and every time I reach the maximum position with ease, but also that the end of the course of the pedal is +/- 5 millimeters farther than with the rubber on. Removing the rubber protection also revealed the housing of it showing a central indipendent and movable flap.
That made me think that the problem could be the thickness of the rubber protection which prevents the pedal to get close enough to the board case in order to activate the switch.
On my own risk I started scratching out gradually some rubber from the center of the rubber protection that would touch the moving flap mentioned above.
After scratching out 3/4 millimeters if rubber and pushing (gently!!!!) the flap out 3/4 millimeters, I put the rubber back in place and the virtual switch became finally usable!!!! Still harder than it should be but although accettable.
Know I'm searching for something that could make the rubber softer, with this done I think it will work as a normal switch sould work.
I think that Ik Multimedia could enhance the sensitivity of the switch or, even better, give some physical or software based option to tweak the sensitivity of the virtual switch so that even a 10 years old kid could toggle it!
Hope this helps!
Ciao, Simone.
Simust72

Postby eguitar » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:30 am

When you calibrate your Pedal, hold your pinky under the rubber when yuo move up the Pedal! now the virtual switch has a very small pressurepoint! :-)
eguitar

Return to Interfaces & Controllers