Urgent - Using Irig stomp I/O with other Apps IOS

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Urgent - Using Irig stomp I/O with other Apps IOS

Postby scodavies » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 am

Hi All

Need help ASAP!

I bought this with the idea of being able to use at rehearsals etc as I use apps for recording/practicing at home.

Problem is I use 2 apps that use inter-app audio on my ipad to get the sounds I need. I use Bias Fx as the main app and have Amplitube app in the chain. I can't seem to figure out how to change presets or fx on/off (in Bias) using the the hardware. In the Bias Fx app the pedals on the unit only control the effects/presets in Amplitube and when I take out Amplitube the pedals do nothing but I still get the Bias audio through.

I guess my questions are -

Is the Stomp I/O capable of sending midi messages through the ipad cable or only through the midi out ports and uses another type of signal to change presets/stomps in Amplitube?

If it does send through the Ipad cable do I have to be in a specific mode or change settings to get this to work?

Bias FX is set to receive on all channels and has a midi learn feature but nothing happens when I press the switches. Would I have to have another Midi pedal plugged in to the Midi in port on the I/O? Would those messages be sent through the Ipad cable? If so why aren't the CC messages from the I/O being sent down the cable?

If I have to use another midi pedal or somehow put in another interface to control the other app it makes this purchase and this hardware in general essentially pointless. Also I would question whether the advertising and info on the website is misleading in suggesting it can control any app via midi when in reality you would need additional expensive hardware to do so.

Staff at the store were no help, none of this is particularly covered in the manual and it's too late to take it back so please help.
scodavies

Re: Urgent - Using Irig stomp I/O with other Apps IOS

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Hey Scodavies,

Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Please note, this is not technical support, but a user to user discussion forum. Please bring up any issues directly with support at the link below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

In the meantime, let's see how I can help.

I can confirm the iRig Stomp I/O will work great with third party apps. This will send MIDI messages through both the 5-pin MIDI connectors and the Mini-DIN/USB ports. Make sure to enable MIDI Control inside Bias FX. This option is under the MIDI Settings in your Settings menu (COG WHEEL upper right). Once enabled, in MIDI Settings you can go to the 'MIDI Control Assignments' page to assign any controls you wish to use with the iRig Stomp I/O.

If this does not seem to be working, check with the support team to see what could be up here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers