IRig Stomp I/O Volume Pedal

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRig Stomp I/O Volume Pedal

Postby edmundtownes » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Greetings,

I've been using the IRig Stomp I/O for a few days now and have yet to find a way to control input volume. I've found a way to assign a wah effect to the expression pedal, but have not found a way to do this with volume. I don't want to control overall volume, as I'd like to hear reverb tails and other sounds when my guitar input volume is low or off.

Do any of you have any hints on how to get this working in Amplitube ios with IRig Stomp I/O?

Thanks,
Jonathan
edmundtownes

Re: IRig Stomp I/O Volume Pedal

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Let's see how we can help here.

There are many ways to control your input volume in AmpliTube iOS. Do note, pressing any control in AmpliTube (Which can be MIDI learned) will result in a 'MIDI Learn' window. Once this appears, moving anything on the connected MIDI controller (like your iRig Stomp I/O expression pedal) will result in this control being 'Learned' to your pedal.

Try assigning an FX pedal 'Volume' control to this pedal or the Amplifier's 'Volume' knob to this function. This should help here depending on where your FX are being applied in your chain.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby edmundtownes » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks Ryan.
Assigning volume to input gain on an amp would work well, I think. However, not all amps have an input gain control, ie most if not all fender Tweed amps. Volume on stomp pedals doesn't quite work because the pedal will colour the sound if on, and in bypass the pedal won't work at all.... Some kind of super clean boost stomp would be perfect.. Perhaps a graphic EQ stomp would work, adjusting the expression pedal so the minimum is 0 and the maximum is somewhere near the middle of the range of the boost control..... It's worth a shot.
edmundtownes

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:06 pm

These do sound like possibilities. If you find an option which best suites you, be sure to share it here.

Note - Check out the Master FX section in AmpliTube. This will be after the RIG chain, so this could be a good way to keep your Reverb and Delay tails going.

I have been sure in the meantime to share your interest in this topic with the correct persons.

Stay tuned for updates to AmpliTube in the Apple App Store and be the first to hear of updates from IK Multimedia with the IK news letter.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby tdwimsatt » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:35 am

I would love it if iRig developed a volume pedal to go with the other stomp boxes. Is there a way to request or vote for something like that?
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:58 pm

While I see a thread for AmpliTube Mac/PC, I do not see a thread on the topic for AmpliTube iOS at the moment. Please feel free to open one up. We love hearing what users would love to see in future iOS versions.

I'll be sure to pass along your comments/interest in the meantime.

Stay tuned to the IK Multimedia news letter to be the first to hear of new developments.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby edmundtownes » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:34 pm

I found a workaround for a volume pedal in Amplitube iOS. The Compressor pedal works great. Just turn down the sensitivity control to zero and map the output control to the expression pedal.
Last edited by edmundtownes on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edmundtownes

Postby tdwimsatt » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:54 pm

@Ryan_IK, I am mainly an iPad user. The Mac/Windows volume pedal may be cool but i need it for my live setup with the iPad.
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Postby Gumbyloo12 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:54 pm

Hi,
Has anyone figured out how to use the Expression Pedal as a Volume Pedal on IOS yet?
Why does the Mac Version of Ampiltube have a "Volume Pedal" but not the IOS version?

thanks
Gumbyloo12

Postby tdwimsatt » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:38 am

I use my expression pedal to control the volume on the various amp models. Click and hold the control to bring up the midi assign and move the expression pedal to get it recognized. I am using the Blueboard to control my iPad AmpliTube.
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Postby Gumbyloo12 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:17 pm

Hi tdwimsatt thank you so much for the tip. take care
Gumbyloo12

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:13 pm

Gumbyloo12 wrote:Hi,
Has anyone figured out how to use the Expression Pedal as a Volume Pedal on IOS yet?
Why does the Mac Version of Ampiltube have a "Volume Pedal" but not the IOS version?

thanks

AmpliTube iOS has a volume pedal: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Gumbyloo12 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:12 am

hi
This must be new or I never noticed it before. Because a few folks have asked this same question before. Thanks though
Gumbyloo12

Postby geir@geirhorn.no » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:55 am

So, if you add an volume or an Wah, you can configure this in the app?
geir@geirhorn.no

Postby tdwimsatt » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:22 pm

You click and hold to get the app to go into a mode to recognize midi. Moving the pedal will then be recognized by the app and assign the midi to it.

Tom
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers