Excessive hiss from iRig stomp i/o outputs

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Excessive hiss from iRig stomp i/o outputs

Postby zombranegra » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:27 pm

So, I'm wondering does anyone else get an excessively loud hiss from the audio outputs on the stomp i/o?

I first noticed trying to run it as an effects board into my amp, and before I play anything, there is so much hiss as though the amp is cranked with full gain and full volume. I tried all sorts of things to reduce it, turned down the pedals output gain etc, but then that effects the signal that goes to the amp and it ultimately just doesn't sound like a full volume guitar signal.

I noticed that when I unplug the unit there is waaaaay less hiss. also less hiss if I run through some old school pedals. it seems like the iRig stomp i/o is adding all the hiss. So I experimented with all the different inputs, volumes, cables, DI boxes, even different amps and it's still there. it adds it to studio monitors etc. too. I compared it with my other audio interface and it is definitely the iRig stomp i/o...even without amplitube running. basically once the unit is powered up and plugged in it is outputting an excessive amount of hiss.

Is it a driver issue or bad hardware?
zombranegra

Re: Excessive hiss from iRig stomp i/o outputs

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:03 pm

Hey zombranegra,

Sorry to hear of your troubles here.

This certainly sounds unusual. I would suggest contacting support. They should be able to help figure out what is going on here.

Make sure to let them know what platform you are using (Mac, PC, or iOS) as well as what program you are using. If possible, include a video or audio example of this 'hiss'. This will help them look into this as quickly as possible.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby djlv » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:38 am

I am having exactly the same issue.. a lot of hiss coming from the unit. Have you been able to resolve this issue? Would certainly appreciate some feedback on this issue.. with thx Dino :~)
djlv

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:15 pm

djlv wrote:I am having exactly the same issue.. a lot of hiss coming from the unit. Have you been able to resolve this issue? Would certainly appreciate some feedback on this issue.. with thx Dino :~)

This is something to troubleshoot directly with IK Support per Ryan's post above. Please open a ticket and they'll happily assist you directly. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bexxargroup@gmail.com » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 pm

please post anything you hear about this issue, im having a bit of hiss myself right out of the box
bexxargroup@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:36 pm

bexxargroup@gmail.com wrote:please post anything you hear about this issue, im having a bit of hiss myself right out of the box

Please open a ticket with IK Support and they will assist you. Also make sure you are running the latest firmware (they can assist with that too if you are unsure).
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Muse87 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:37 pm

I'm still having this issue on either Amplitube or Bias apps.
It's 2020 and I'm heavily considering selling the dang thing. I've never had a clean experience with this interface.
Are there any set up videos on this issue. I find the hissing stops if I touch the jack input on my both guitars. This doesn't happen when either of my guitars are plugged directly into my peavey vyper 75. Head stress. Can anyone help.. Even tried head phone jack to plug in pc powered 10 watt monitors..
Muse87

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:46 pm

Muse87 wrote:Can anyone help..

Yes, IK Support can provide direct and official help at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support I'm sure they can figure out what is happening for you as you are not experiencing the normal behavior of iRig Stomp I/O.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bjordan13 » Sat May 07, 2022 1:35 pm

I am having this hissing issue as well. I did not know it was a problem until our sound engineer at church told me so. I always practice through my headphones at home and there is no hiss through the headphone jack. However, I did not buy the unit for at home practice, but I bought it as advertised as a pedal board that can be used in a live setting.

I have searched the IK Multimedia support database and have not found where this issue is being addressed. I’ve also logged into my IK Multimedia account and searched for drivers, firmware updates, etc. and found nothing.

Has IK Multimedia stepped up and addressed this issue somewhere that I am not aware of, or are they just ignoring it?
bjordan13

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 07, 2022 4:39 pm

bjordan13 wrote:I am having this hissing issue as well. I did not know it was a problem until our sound engineer at church told me so. I always practice through my headphones at home and there is no hiss through the headphone jack. However, I did not buy the unit for at home practice, but I bought it as advertised as a pedal board that can be used in a live setting.

I have searched the IK Multimedia support database and have not found where this issue is being addressed. I’ve also logged into my IK Multimedia account and searched for drivers, firmware updates, etc. and found nothing.

Has IK Multimedia stepped up and addressed this issue somewhere that I am not aware of, or are they just ignoring it?

This isn't normal behavior, please contact IK Support as was suggested earlier in this thread. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers