[Setup Help] [Dell G3 + iRig HD 2 + Elec Guitar] [Latency]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

[Setup Help] [Dell G3 + iRig HD 2 + Elec Guitar] [Latency]

Postby r_dominicsg » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi guys and gals,

I'm trying to get my setup to work on this laptop but I tend to get stuck with either feeling the latency or hearing the sound crack or something.

Could you recommend settings or something I could do to make it work the way it does on my iPhone (no latency issues at all).

Setup:

1. Electric Guitar (Epiphone custom pro) plugged into:
2. iRigHD 2, then to a USB port on the
3. Dell G3 3579 (i7-8540, 8gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, updated Realtek sound drivers)

MIDI Settings:
Technology: DirectSound
Input and Output devices set to iRig HD 2
Buffer size: 1024

Note: If I set it to 512, i don't feel the latency but the end parts of the sound become like that of a buffer size that's smaller.

And... I"ve been trying to get ASIO mode to work (even tried ASIO4all but it's not adding input option for iRigHD 2...am I doing something wrong?)

Appreciate the tips/input.^_^
r_dominicsg

Re: [Setup Help] [Dell G3 + iRig HD 2 + Elec Guitar] [Latenc

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello!

Thanks for your post.

Do note, Direct Sound is not the best for processing audio in real time. This was designed mainly for video games or movies. To get working with a near latency free experience you must use ASIO drivers on the Windows platform. Please make sure to select ASIO4ALL as your device in AmpliTube, then select the iRig HD 2 as your only active device in the 'Panel...' window.

This 'Panel...' will be accessible via the Settings (Top navigation bar) -> Audio/MIDI Set Up. Use the wrench icon in this panel to see sub-devices and use the power buttons next to these to enable/disable devices. Once your iRig HD 2 is the only active device in ASIO4ALL's panel, try adjusting your audio buffer size for the iRig HD 2 here and close this window to get started.

Keep in mind, a higher audio buffer size will result in more latency. A lower audio buffer size will result in less latency. The trade off here is processing power. The lower the audio buffer size, the more processing power is needed. Start at a 512 or 256 audio buffer size and raise/lower this as needed for your system.

Do note, IK Multimedia technical support can be reached at the link below if you have any questions or troubles in the future getting set up.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: [Setup Help] [Dell G3 + iRig HD 2 + Elec Guitar] [Latenc

Postby r_dominicsg » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:03 am

Hi ryan,

Thanks for the comprehensive guide. I'll make sure to test this within the week and let you know. ^_^
r_dominicsg

Return to Interfaces & Controllers