IRig keys io live with SampleTank

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRig keys io live with SampleTank

Postby johannest » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Im currently using this setup with my iPad Air 2 and it works fine.

But can somebody tell me how I can change presets in sampletank with the 8 pads?

This would be very necessary.
Kr
I own: iLoud MTM, iRig, iRig 2, iRig Pro Duo, iRig Keys mini, iRig Keys IO 49, Irig Accoustic, IRig Accoustic Stage, IRig Mic field, iRig blueboard, Total Studio MAX 3,5 and a view IOS Apps
johannest

Re: IRig keys io live with SampleTank

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:17 pm

This can be done a couple of ways. Personally I would assign all 8 pads to MIDI PC messages (Program Changes). These messages will switch through presets in LIVE mode. Another way to accomplish this would be to set each of these pads to MIDI CC (Control Change) messages. Once done, these can be 'learned' to the MUTE or SOLO controls for your 8 different instruments in SampleTank's LIVE mode.

Check out your User Manual for an in-depth walk-through of these suggestions and let me know if you want any extra help with these steps.

https://www.ikmanual.com/irigkeysio
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby parikh_d » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:04 am

I am struggling to change programmes (patches) using iRig Keys IO and sampletank. Are there any video tutorials to help?
parikh_d

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:06 pm

parikh_d wrote:I am struggling to change programmes (patches) using iRig Keys IO and sampletank. Are there any video tutorials to help?

Without any set-up, you can get started quickly after launching SampleTank iOS and tapping the button in the upper left. This enters LIVE mode. The symbol includes 8 squares in two rows. Once inside LIVE mode, you can load the MULTI instruments via your PROG UP / DOWN (Program Change Up/Down) buttons.

To change what presets load with your MIDI PC (Program Change) messages, tap the currently loaded MULTI instrument's name. This will bring up two lists of sounds the USER and DEMO sections. Switch to the USER section to save custom sounds. The DEMO section can be used to get used to the app.

Additionally, using the manual below, you can assign the different pads in the upper right of the unit to send different MIDI PC messages. These messages will recall your sounds the same way your PROG UP/DOWN buttons work.

Start in section 5.3.4.3, this will go over all of the different ways you can edit the individual pads. This will start on Page 40. On the end of Page 41 and the start of Page 42 you will see the steps to assign MIDI PC messages (Program change) to the pads.

https://www.ikmanual.com/irigkeysio
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers