Nano Amp, Amplitube and Android

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Nano Amp, Amplitube and Android

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Will the nano amp work with Amplitbue on an android phone or has IK seriously hampered it by making it an iphone exclusive device?
auggybendoggy2

Re: Nano Amp, Amplitube and Android

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:48 pm

iRig Nano Amp is "the versatile micro amp with built-in iOS interface" and the specs do not state Android compatibility so it would not be a supported platform. "Hampered" isn't quite the word I'd use, though, as iOS is unfortunately quite far ahead of Android for realtime music production and while there may be many Android devices out there, many of the devices are low-spec'd and/or running very old versions of Android OS. Even though the raw numbers might show Android as technically a large market, more iOS users are using their devices to make music.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Nano Amp, Amplitube and Android

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Peter, you sound like one of those Apple cultists. Nevermind that though. If Android can't handle it, that makes sense. However, I find it odd that IK multimedia is selling Amplitube modules on google play. You'd think that since they make amplitube for the android, they'd also support hooking up a speaker via bluetooth or usb. Oh well maybe someday.
auggybendoggy2

Return to Interfaces & Controllers