iRig 2 with iPhone 5?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig 2 with iPhone 5?

Postby joshadams » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 pm

I've just picked up the electric guitar again after a decade+ of not playing and, oh my, how things have changed. I've discovered that amps have effects in them now (back in my day you had to buy a pedal for that), and mobile phones have amps in them, virtually speaking, at least. I've been looking for a way to brush up on my skills without disturbing the family or the neighbours. I have an old iPhone 5 gathering dust, and am wondering if I should pick up an iRig 2 from Amazon to pair with it. I'm no audiophile or purist, and I don't have a big budget, I just want to be able to jam without disturbing those around me, and maybe be able to lay down a track to play over. Just wondering, with the iPhone 5 being a bit of an antique, whether it will be capable enough? Many thanks in anticipation.
joshadams

Re: iRig 2 with iPhone 5?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Both iRig 2 and AmpliTube for iPhone mention iPhone 5 in their specs/requirements information so they are compatible. As far as performance, you already know you’re not on the newest fastest device nor choosing the highest-end interface but you seem to have realistic expectations. Basically for practice uses as you seem to require and mention it should be fine. When you’re ready to play Madison Square Garden, I’d suggest bumping up the specs a bit :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig 2 with iPhone 5?

Postby namijack » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:38 pm

I love to listening music from different sources. Now I wants to learn guitar. Is it possible to learn it with my smartphone?
namijack

Return to Interfaces & Controllers