iRig Keys 37 not recognized on mac

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys 37 not recognized on mac

Postby amunocis » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Hello there!

I bought a used iRig Keys 37 some days ago, that works like a charm on my iPad, but when I connect it to my Mac it doesnt lightup up. I tried everything, from trying different cables to searching for some files that some people say to delete (don't have any of them).

I opened a ticket but no answer yet.

Any idea?
amunocis

Re: iRig Keys 37 not recognized on mac

Postby amunocis » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:22 am

Support says that cable could be the problem, but I tried like 100 cable. Also, said the guy sold the controller broke it. So, no help at all.

The iRig Key works perfect on iPad but not recognized on a Mac
amunocis

Postby victorp.sg » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:38 am

Which Mac computer do you use to hook up the iRig Keys 37?

Is the USB cable hooked to your computer directly or via a USB Hub? If it is connected directly to the computer, try switching to another USB port on the computer and check; if it is connected to a USB Hub, is your USB Hub an active one (where a power adapter is used to powered the Hub) or passive (no power adapter)?
victorp.sg

Postby amunocis » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:08 pm

It's a Macbook Air 2017. Connected directly to USB port on the mac, tried 2 different USB ports, different cable. Mac is working with no problems, almost new. iRig works perfect on iPad nad iPhone. Tried 4 different cable, even the one provided with the iRig.
amunocis

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:08 pm

amunocis wrote:It's a Macbook Air 2017. Connected directly to USB port on the mac, tried 2 different USB ports, different cable. Mac is working with no problems, almost new. iRig works perfect on iPad nad iPhone. Tried 4 different cable, even the one provided with the iRig.

Sorry to hear of your troubles here, this certainly does sound unusual.

Looking at your ticket I do see the support representative mention this unit may have been 'damaged' or 'not working properly' before it was sent to you. They were not trying to say for sure this is what happened, they were just speculating this due to your unique issue here.

Now, looking at your case, as this unit was purchased used and is not operating properly. The best route here would be to return this item to the seller to then get a new unit or a used unit from a different seller.

If you are interest in used gear, we do have a Reverb shop. Items purchased on Reverb offer free shipping and full warranty.

https://reverb.com/shop/IKMultimedia
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby victorp.sg » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:52 am

To check if the iRig Keys 37 is detected by your MacBook Air, connect the iRig Keys 37 to one of the USB port on your computer. Click on the Apple Logo in the menu bar, press and hold the Option key, click on the "System Information..." when it changed from "About This Mac", and release the Option key. The System Information app should run and appear.

Under the Hardware list, click on USB. Under the USB Device Tree, scroll to see if iRig Keys 37 is registered. If it does not, try pressing Command-R keys to refresh the Device Tree. If it still does not appear, then there is probably a fault with the Micro-USB port on your iRig Keys 37.

If the iRig Keys 37 does appear on the USB Device Tree, it doesn't mean that it may be working 100%. Click on the iRig Keys 37 on the Device Tree list, and tell us the Current Available (mA) and Current Required (mA) show at the bottom pane for the iRig Keys 37.

If you have access to another computer (macOS or Windows), try hooking it up and test.
victorp.sg

Postby amunocis » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Nop, it doesn't appear on the USB tree. I'll check on another computer to see if it is recognized. Probably the micro USB port is not working.

Thank you very much, the system information trick was amazing :D

EDIT: I tried on a PC and is not working. Can that be repaired?

Other option is just use it on the iPad as an instrument then record on Ableton
amunocis

Postby Andreatung » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:06 pm

Make sure you don't have any other cords plugged in. I noticed that when I kept the cord for the iPad plugged it, it will not work on the MacBook.
Andreatung

Postby mcsgharris@shaw.ca » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:32 am

I have a similar problem. I can use it on my iPad, but not with my MacBook Air (M1). It lights up, and shows up in the Input and Output menus, but doesn't send or play any sounds in any different combinations.

Sometimes, the keyboard will register for about 30 seconds, but then just quit.

Like I said, works fine on the iPad; so not really at fault.

Also, I've tried to update the firmware, and all I get is an Error. I've contacted support.
Cheers
Mark
mcsgharris@shaw.ca

Return to Interfaces & Controllers