Using iRig Keys 37 USB with iPad Air 2

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Using iRig Keys 37 USB with iPad Air 2

Postby bob126 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Hi, I'm hoping somebody can help me. I bought an iRig Keys 37 USB - basically in error because I did not understand the difference between the USB and the version that connects direct to the iPad range. I asked on the Facebook page before I bought but I obviously didn't ask the right question, and the IK person didn't realise that I was talking about the USB model when I asked his advice.

Long story short, I now have an iRig Keys 37 USB that is no good to me at all unless there is a way I can use it with my iPad. Does anybody know of a solution please? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.
bob126

Re: Using iRig Keys 37 USB with iPad Air 2

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:50 pm

iRig Keys 37 USB will work with compatible iOS devices per the specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... -pro-specs by using the optional Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bob126 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks Peter. I've looked at Genuine Apple Camera Connection kits and they appear to have the old type connector. My iPad Air 2 has a lightning connector. Is there a CCK that connects to that please.
bob126

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:35 pm

bob126 wrote:Thanks Peter. I've looked at Genuine Apple Camera Connection kits and they appear to have the old type connector. My iPad Air 2 has a lightning connector. Is there a CCK that connects to that please.

Yes there are Camera Connection Kits that are Lightning. Here is one https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W ... ra-adapter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bob126 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:43 pm

Great, I'll order one straight away.
Thanks for your help Peter.
bob126

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:52 pm

bob126 wrote:Great, I'll order one straight away.
Thanks for your help Peter.

Glad to help!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bob126 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:24 pm

OK, I received my camera connection kit today and can now use my iRig Keys 37 USB with my iPad Air 2 for the first time. This is what I have wanted for a long time, so thank you for your help Peter!

Regards, Bob Yorke
bob126

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:31 pm

bob126 wrote:OK, I received my camera connection kit today and can now use my iRig Keys 37 USB with my iPad Air 2 for the first time. This is what I have wanted for a long time, so thank you for your help Peter!

Regards, Bob Yorke

You're welcome! Enjoy and make some great music!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers