IRig Keys Pro keyboard not aligned with apps

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRig Keys Pro keyboard not aligned with apps

Postby IcyPurplepants » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:46 pm

So this is a weird one, and I wondered if anyone else has had this - and been able to fix it?

I have an iRig Keys Pro, linked to my iPad Pro, and wonderful stuff it is, however no matter which app I’m using (everything from SampleTank to iM1 and Gadget and Garage Band) the onscreen keyboard is out of sync. I press a D on the keyboard and the in-app keyboard shows me pressing a C. I press a C on the keyboard and the in app keyboard shows an A#.

I have tried retuning it within some of the apps but it doesn’t seem to make any difference, and I’ve not found any fixes online (though I could be using the wrong search terms! :( )

Is there anyone out there who would know how to fix this, please?

Thank you!
IcyPurplepants

Re: IRig Keys Pro keyboard not aligned with apps

Postby reathpd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Sounds like the iRig is configure for trsp (Transpose) of C#. Should be C. Check for the dot indicating C#

Reference
5.2.2.3 Transpose the keyboard in semitones
The iRig Keys I/O keyboard can be transposed in semitones. This can be useful when, for example, you need to play a song that is in a difficult key, but you still want to physically play it in an easier or more familiar key.
To transpose iRig Keys I/O:
• Enter Edit Mode by pressing the ALT and EDIT buttons;
• The display will show GLO. Press the DATA push-knob to confirm you want to edit a parameter in the global menu;
• By rotating the DATA knob you will cycle between the parameters of the Global menu;
• Reached the KEY position pess the DATA push-knob to confirm you want to edit the keyboard parameters;
• The display will shows CH (MIDI channel) and by rotating the DATA knob it will cycle between VEL (velocity) -> TRS (transpose);
• Reached the TRS position press the DATA puch-knob to confirm you want to transpose the keyboard;
• The display will show current transpose value (C by default). Press any note on the first octave on the left of the keyboard.
• The display will show the selected note (black keys will be rapresented with a dot near the note letter);
reathpd

Re: IRig Keys Pro keyboard not aligned with apps

Postby IcyPurplepants » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been on holiday, but thank you for your help! The issue is now resolved and I appreciate you taking the time to help1
IcyPurplepants

Return to Interfaces & Controllers