irig Stomp I/O, PC, Wah/MIDI issues

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

irig Stomp I/O, PC, Wah/MIDI issues

Postby That0ne6uy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:44 am

Ok, so - tech support must be busy with other problems, because I'm not getting any love there.. Been a few weeks.

I have a problem with my Wah "pedal" on the Stomp pedal. Simply, when I move the pedal on the Stomp, amplitube only registers 11% - 49% of the range. It sounds like garbage.

This hasn't always been the case, through tinkering I was able to find that rebooting helped. But, not always, and, it wasn't a permanent solution.

That method has since stopped working.

Other details, ...

- I can use my mouse in AmpliTube to manually move the wah and it will register the full range of 0 to 100%.
- the audio setup doesn't always recognize the MIDI part of the stomp. It'll still play and sound all right, but that functionality only comes back after a fresh reboot.
- also part of the reboot process, is unplugging and plugging back in the USB port. This totally sucks, because frankly, there's only so many Clicks in the clicker.

Technical stuff... I'm running Windows 10 on an i7 processor with 16 gigabytes of fast RAM, and a fast solid state hard drive.

Venting...
It goes without saying that I'm disappointed and frustrated with the product. When it works, I love it. however its full functionality is becoming increasingly rare. and, I keep on hoping that there is some magical update that will solve all my problems. at first, I thought the stomp would be an economical alternative to buying a bunch of pedals & amps. Unless these issues are solved, I can't say that my trust was rightly placed in this product. It's a pretty expensive thing to have to mess with so much.

anyhow, if anyone has experienced the same kind of thing I would appreciate knowing if there is bent a resolution to this. I'm at the point of trying to ditch the use of the PC all together, because, well the iPad version doesn't sound as great, but at least it works more reliably than the method I'm using.
That0ne6uy

Re: irig Stomp I/O, PC, Wah/MIDI issues

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:30 pm

What is your ticket number? IK Support will answer tickets usually withing 24 hours so something must be going on there. Also please do be sure to check your spam/junk mail folders if you have not done so already.

I'm sure they can help get you up and running with iRig Stomp I/O and have it working for you consistently.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby That0ne6uy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Ticket #485529

While I got you... what versions of the ipad work best with the Stomp? Or, to put it another way...is there a minimum version of the ipad and the IOS that will with with the stomp (without issues like significant latency, etc.)

I'm looking at getting a ipad 4th gen.(or lower) and wondering if there is a clear answer on if this is a good idea to use with the stomp.

Thanks!
That0ne6uy

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:48 pm

That0ne6uy wrote:Ticket #485529

While I got you... what versions of the iPad work best with the Stomp? Or, to put it another way...is there a minimum version of the iPad and the IOS that will with with the stomp (without issues like significant latency, etc.)

I'm looking at getting a iPad 4th gen.(or lower) and wondering if there is a clear answer on if this is a good idea to use with the stomp.

Thanks!

I would suggest the iPad Air 1 or later. While there are couple reasons behind this, the main reason would be that the iPad 1 can get up to iOS 11 which is required for the latest version of AmpliTube.

Do note, the expression pedal on the iRig Stomp I/O can be calibrated. Try the process below. This may help with your previously stated issues.

1) Power on your iRig Stomp I/O unit holding 3rd pedal down (Make sure to do so when the expression pedal is at it's minimum value. It is suggested to use a solid floor as opposed to carpet for best results.)
2) Once on, move expression pedal to max value carefully (Try not to use too much force here - The amount of force used here will affect how the pedal calibrates.)
3) Tap any pedal to enter this calibration.

*After you will see two red or green flashes of the expression LED. Green means this calibration as good and worked properly, a red LED would mean to re-do this calibration.

As for your other issues, first make sure you are on the latest version of AmpliTube from your the User Area -> My Products section (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/) of your IK Multimedia account. Once you are sure of this, if you still have any issues make sure to follow up with Peter and he can see what's going on with your ticket.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby That0ne6uy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestion on the ipad and the calibration. I'll try that tonight.

I do have the most recent version of Amplitube (unless it changed this morning from the June release). sooooo, Peter?

To sum up the issue described in the ticket...

Amplitube will not always recognize the stomp in the MIDI selection area of the audio setup. The only time it does is after a reboot. And, now, after a reboot I have the issue where the full range of the wah isn't registering.

What I mean by that, is the stomp is not an option that comes up in the drop-down menu for MIDI device in the audio setup.
That0ne6uy

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:27 pm

I'm not sure what you are asking me, but if it is about the recognition etc that follows please put that in your ticket so the tech can continue to assist you.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby That0ne6uy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:33 pm

Yes, that's what's is in the ticket. The previous person punted back to you *if* my software version was current. That's why i prompted you...just looking for some help to resolve my issue...
That0ne6uy

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:37 pm

That0ne6uy wrote:Yes, that's what's is in the ticket. The previous person punted back to you *if* my software version was current. That's why i prompted you...just looking for some help to resolve my issue...

My apologies, I did not see the ticket number was included in your post. It looks like this information was passed to the team to make sure you get a prompt reply. From what I can see from my end, you may have opened a new ticket with your reply, as opposed to responding to your original ticket. Make sure to reply to allow the support member assisting you to see your response immediately.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby That0ne6uy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Kudos to the IK team! I am, once again, very happy with my rig.

- the calibration procedure worked, and now the pedal is functioning and sounding the way I want it to. If there are other tricks like that, it would be great to have them published in the stomp manual.

- disabling The Stomp in both the "play" and "record" section within the "sounds" area of windows worked. this seems to be in conflict with what I thought the instructions were for setup, but I haven't gone back to check and it's been a couple months since. However, who cares, it works.

- I think disabling of the device within "sounds" also solved a couple other problems that are probably specific to my computer. First, I have a Lenovo Yoga 900... One of the features is a USB port that has an "always on" feature. This can be turned off. However, even with the software setting turning this feature off the stomp was continuing to receive power. The problem was, that I was always having to disconnect the stomp from the USB port... this is obviously a concern because there are only so many Clicks in the clicker... Anyways, after I made this adjustment in the "sounds": settings, I found that the USB port with stop providing constant power to the Stomp. Very pleased at this unintended resolution.

- lastly, I was running AmpliTube in parallel with Ablton, and my focusrite was also connected at the same time as the Stomp. I noticed an issue where after a while the sound quality of AmpliTube would degrade significantly while I was recording in Ableton. Again, it appears this adjustment in the sound settings resolved this issue.

I was getting to the point of ditching the PC interface altogether, and splurging for a new iPad to make this work... Or, even going to an actual amp (gasp). So, you can imagine my relief that everything works as intended.
That0ne6uy

Re: irig Stomp I/O issues

Postby Pgarcilazo7 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:24 am

I have one problem with the irig stomp and it’s that meanwhile I’m playing the guitar after 20 minutes, stop making sound I don’t know why, but tue gain and volume doesn’t receive signal of my guitar so I have to turn of the irig stomp and restart everything and after do all this, sound again. Help me please, I only have 2 weeks with my irig stomp io
Pgarcilazo7

Re: irig Stomp I/O issues

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:53 pm

Pgarcilazo7 wrote:I have one problem with the irig stomp and it’s that meanwhile I’m playing the guitar after 20 minutes, stop making sound I don’t know why, but tue gain and volume doesn’t receive signal of my guitar so I have to turn of the irig stomp and restart everything and after do all this, sound again. Help me please, I only have 2 weeks with my irig stomp io

Hi, please open a ticket with IK Support and they will directly work with you to resolve your issue. Also, please open a separate topic when your reply is not directly related to the topic to which you are replying.

As this thread has been resolved for the original user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers