iRig HD 2 and bass amp?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD 2 and bass amp?

Postby Dnickerson4 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:36 am

I'm using Amplitube on my ipad in conjunction with the HD2. Works great with my headphones. What i'd like to do is use an external amplifier. I have a combo bass amp that I've hooked it up to. However, when i change amps within amplitube, the tone coming from my combo amp does not change. I even turn the amp (within amplitube) off and still the same tone comes out of my combo amp. Can I not run it through a combo amp? Do I need to be using a cabinet? Or am I just completely missing something here? My combo amp has an outlet for passive and active. I've tried both, but it didn't make a difference.
Dnickerson4

Re: iRig HD 2 and bass amp?

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:10 pm

sorry made an error...
Last edited by auggybendoggy2 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auggybendoggy2

Re: iRig HD 2 and bass amp?

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:10 pm

I've read that there's a switch for the amp output path for a clean/processed signal. I don't' own one so I don't know where that switch is but it should do as you wish.

From their page for Irig HD2...

One of the things that makes the iRig HD 2 unique is the ability to send your processed signal directly to a guitar amp without the need for special conversion adapters. iRig HD 2 features an unbalanced 1/4" Amp Out jack that you can use to send your processed or unprocessed guitar signal to an external amplifier, floor tuner or completely different rig setup for live performance. The Amp Out jack features a dual mode switch allowing you to choose what type of signal you want to send to your amp.
auggybendoggy2

Return to Interfaces & Controllers