IRIG keys I/O triggering all instruments on all tracks!

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRIG keys I/O triggering all instruments on all tracks!

Postby s.rudolph » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:52 pm

hi

I have the IRIG connected to my IPAD (iPad 2.. about 4 years old ?) .
I am using Cubasis , and have 2 midi tracks.
A piano in Track one
A drum loop in Track two.

Now.. when i hit a key on the keyboard, i am getting both sounds at the same time. Even if i dont arm a track this is happening (unless i mute a track)..
I dont know if this is something i have fix in Cubasis or in the IRig settings..
seems like i once had this issue but dont remember and Googling comes up with nothing.
thanks if you can help...
i have yet to try this on my mac with CUBASE.. hopefully won't but thats another day.. i'd like to get my iPad going.
thanks
steve
s.rudolph

Re: IRIG keys I/O triggering all instruments on all tracks!

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:20 pm

It sounds like you may have both tracks in Cubasis set to respond to the same MIDI channel. You would want to set each track to a separate MIDI channel in Cubasis. I don't have Cubasis in reach right now so I don't know the exact steps to do this but I'd bet it is in the manual.

For Cubase on your Mac, the MIDI channel should be available to change for each track on the left side of the screen (the track controls). Just so you are armed with that info before you go there :)

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby s.rudolph » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 am

Peter_IK wrote:It sounds like you may have both tracks in Cubasis set to respond to the same MIDI channel. You would want to set each track to a separate MIDI channel in Cubasis. I don't have Cubasis in reach right now so I don't know the exact steps to do this but I'd bet it is in the manual.

Thanks!

i set 3 tracks with different channels and the same issue. i remember using another keyboard controller and all was well... i dont know the programming behind this stuff, but if you SELECT a track and hit a key.. any keyboard should route the midi data to that track only. Some DAWs can handle a lot more than 16 tracks so i doubt each track has to be assigned a discrete midi channel. Thats why I'm thinking its the IRIG.. but then again.. maybe my Cubasis is corrupt after all these years ?
i hate technology... I miss my old Casio LOL LOL
thanks for the reply and the Cubase info as well.
s.rudolph

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:12 am

That's odd indeed then. I don't believe that iRig Keys I/O would be set to OMNI as the MIDI channel setting in the Edit mode of iRig Keys I/O should only be 1 - 16.

I have to say this may be leaning toward a Cubasis setting/issue so you may want to reach out to Steinberg but you have the option to reach out to IK Support in case I've missed something.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers