Irig stomp i/o 2 weeks in

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig stomp i/o 2 weeks in

Postby kevinfarrell53 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi everyone
i'm a gigging musician 200+ nites a year, mostly solo w/tracks in Las Vegas. i received
my stomp i/o two weeks ago from sweetwater after waiting more than a month for it to be stocked on amazon i cancelled that order.
This unit replaces a bossme25 that i've used for 8yrs i also purchased a chuwi quad core windows tablet that i hoped to use with the stomp.
Let me say that until 2 weeks ago i had Zero experience with Apple, and now i own a ipad!
I have successfully used the pedal for the last 4 nites of gigs with the ipad. I think that the Fender amp sims [purchased] sound really good, though i'm still barely into the learning curve.
My complaints are: the ipad app has Very little gear compared to the win/mac app, somewhat of a bait and switch IMO, also if you go ipad, it won't work yet with the newest ver. yet , and that's buried in the literature.

i have a newer Asus i5 desktop that would hardly run the win ver of Ampatube4, pops,clicks, drops, reconnect etc. even after optimization for audio and ASIO install. btw this same desktop runs BIAB and a couple of NI programs very well.
So my last thread with customer service [Jason] on 7-8 asking what would be the minimum specs for a tablet [laptop not a option] has yet to be answered.
If i had known that i'd also have to spend 600.+ on a tablet [surface] + 200. for a refurb Ipad, for something that may not perform well under windows i would have looked at other options. Yea i know buyer beware, and i can send the unit back, but all the adds and Greg Koch vid's ......
i wish manufactures would ship products that work well out of the box. and hopefully time and not too much money will solve my issues
Greetings and Thanks to you all
kevinfarrell53

Re: Irig stomp i/o 2 weeks in

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:03 pm

You shouldn't have to spend more as a newer i5 computer will likely be able to handle AmpliTube 4 without issues. I have a Surface Pro 4 i5 version and it runs AmpliTube 4 without issue.

I would recommend that you continue to work with IK Support and they will be able to get you up and running as iRig Stomp I/O does run very well out of the box with compatible devices and I'm sure they can help you get to that point too. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers