IrigStomp I/o expression pedal doesn't work, or calibrate

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IrigStomp I/o expression pedal doesn't work, or calibrate

Postby zombranegra » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:28 pm

I just received my stomp i/o...after it was on back order for nearly two months. Much to my dismay the thing doesn't even work.

I'm using Mac OS El Capitan with amplitube 4.6 standalone

The first issue is that the expression pedal doesn't control anything. there seems to be no communication between that pedal and the computer. all other pedals seem to function as they should. at this point I'm convinced that it wasn't assembled correctly as I've tried assigning it to several parameters and the app always says waiting for midi input but no dice...

I followed the advice in the forums to "calibrate" the pedal, but every time I do I get the red flashing light that means something has gone wrong. To make matters worse, after I first tried calibrating it started causing all kinds of horrible problems for my system from amplitube freezing when I try to load it, all the way to a crash screen I've never seen before where my computer just shuts off and in every language known to man it says "your computer shut down due to an unknown error."

...help me obi wan kinobi...you're my only hope...
zombranegra

Re: IrigStomp I/o expression pedal doesn't work, or calibrat

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi, this would be something that IK's official support would troubleshoot and assist with. I'm sure they can get you up and running. Please open a ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zombranegra » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Filed a ticket with support yesterday...still no response. Also now when switching from preset mode to stomp box mode it cuts out audio and then crashes the program.

This takes me back to 2006...ah the nostalgia!

I really want this product to work because the amp sims sound good and it's a great idea, but...
zombranegra

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 pm

iRig Stomp I/O works very well for many. I'm sure they can assist you. Tickets are usually responded to within 24 hours but sometimes the volume is high and they'll get to your ticket soon I'm sure.

Edit: Ah, I alerted support and the ticket was opened a touch after midnight but you should have a response now (and within a day to boot :) ).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers