iRig Stomp I/O driver

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O driver

Postby jeepbuff » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:32 am

Anyone know if there will be a specific driver from IK for the irig stomp i/o?

Since getting the iRig stomp i/o, I have been plagued with crackling and popping noises that last for about 30 seconds and then go away and come back a couple minutes later. I was pulling my hair out because I didn't recall this happening before I got this pedal board.

The only thing different is that I had to install asio4all to be able to get the pedal board recognized as an audio interface in Amplitube 4.

Before this, I was using the Universal Control driver from Presonus for my AudioBox and I didn't have this cracking popping sound.

I guess it's back to the AudioBox for my input and output. It's a shame that the iRig Stomp I/O don't have a driver from IK. In my case, the audio interface in it is unusable if I have to use the asio4all driver.

Windows 10
jeepbuff

Re: iRig Stomp I/O driver

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:10 pm

I have made the team aware of your request for a WIndows driver. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jeepbuff » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 pm

Thank you.
jeepbuff

Postby sijel » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:17 am

Peter_IK wrote:I have made the team aware of your request for a WIndows driver. Thank you.

I am having similar problems on my Surface Pro 3 (Win 10) and this STOMP IO.
It gives very long latency and terrible scratching and glitching. Windows and Direct Sound options were terrible. I loaded ASIO4ALL so AT4 would recognize an ASIO device but that has its own quirks and problems.

I bought this iRig STOMP IO because all IKM information said it works with Windows PC.
But as far as I can tell, it does NOT currently work.
I even downloaded the latest version of Amplitube 4.6.1. Still doesn't work properly.

What am I supposed to do to get this STOMP IO to work??
sijel

Postby jeepbuff » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:37 am

What exactly is your problem with asio? I can probably get you up and running and like many others you may not have any problems afterwards. Do not use Windows audio or direct sound. No good.
jeepbuff

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:46 am

sijel wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:I have made the team aware of your request for a WIndows driver. Thank you.

I am having similar problems on my Surface Pro 3 (Win 10) and this STOMP IO.
It gives very long latency and terrible scratching and glitching. Windows and Direct Sound options were terrible. I loaded ASIO4ALL so AT4 would recognize an ASIO device but that has its own quirks and problems.

I bought this iRig STOMP IO because all IKM information said it works with Windows PC.
But as far as I can tell, it does NOT currently work.
I even downloaded the latest version of Amplitube 4.6.1. Still doesn't work properly.

What am I supposed to do to get this STOMP IO to work??

It and AmpliTube do work very well in Windows. Please also open a ticket with IK Support who will be happy to assist you and get you up and running if you have not done so already.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hagiwara.yuichi » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:29 am

Hello, having the same kind of issue here.

It works great with iPad, though when hooked on a windows 10, the latency is awful.
I have tried the exclusive mode, though way too far from acceptable.

I haven't tried it on a Mac where Stealth Pedal was perfect, though if you say PC is compatible, I hope you make it work fine, not relying on Asio4All.
(I'm fine if this was designed for iOS and Mac, then I would use those two platforms).
hagiwara.yuichi

Postby rikmixrox » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:48 pm

I have the same problem as well. Windows 8, driver, audio card support. I have Amplitube working great with the ASIO driver, using the Behringer UMC-404HD audio card. In the UMC audio control panel, you can adjust change the buffers too minimize latency. However, the audio interface in the Stomp I/O does not seem to have any sort of panel for config options. In order too get it working I have to use the Audio Midi Setup in Amplitube, Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode) is the only option that will work. Then I adjust buffer settings, and it will work for a couple minutes, then crash. Direct sound driver, popping, not good. I also tried to connect to a Windows 7 machine, and cannot get a driver to load. It seems to be an audio card issue with the pedal, compatibility to windows. I have other audio cards I use, and Amplitube will configure just fine to those. Usually just a matter of selecting the correct driver, bit rate, and buffers. So I guess at this point, I will have to seek other platforms, iPad or something as a work around because the whole idea of the stomp was to be able to use it live, and access the stomp pedals, looper, tuner, and delay features as well as patch changes on the fly. Midi works great. Changing patches, and modes just fine. Only problem I am having is audio section, driver issue with PC. Simply does not work. Does anyone have a solution, perhaps a firmware update, or new driver or something to fix this?
rikmixrox

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 am

rikmixrox wrote:I have the same problem as well. Windows 8, driver, audio card support. I have Amplitube working great with the ASIO driver, using the Behringer UMC-404HD audio card. In the UMC audio control panel, you can adjust change the buffers too minimize latency. However, the audio interface in the Stomp I/O does not seem to have any sort of panel for config options. In order too get it working I have to use the Audio Midi Setup in Amplitube, Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode) is the only option that will work. Then I adjust buffer settings, and it will work for a couple minutes, then crash. Direct sound driver, popping, not good. I also tried to connect to a Windows 7 machine, and cannot get a driver to load. It seems to be an audio card issue with the pedal, compatibility to windows. I have other audio cards I use, and Amplitube will configure just fine to those. Usually just a matter of selecting the correct driver, bit rate, and buffers. So I guess at this point, I will have to seek other platforms, iPad or something as a work around because the whole idea of the stomp was to be able to use it live, and access the stomp pedals, looper, tuner, and delay features as well as patch changes on the fly. Midi works great. Changing patches, and modes just fine. Only problem I am having is audio section, driver issue with PC. Simply does not work. Does anyone have a solution, perhaps a firmware update, or new driver or something to fix this?

There are people using iRig Stomp I/O with Windows without issue. If you have not already done so, please report your issue to IK Support and they will be able to assist you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rikmixrox » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:52 am

Thanks for replay. Turns out the audio card in the unit is bad. Same popping, and crashing with Ipad after about 2 minutes.
rikmixrox

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:29 am

rikmixrox wrote:Thanks for replay. Turns out the audio card in the unit is bad. Same popping, and crashing with iPad after about 2 minutes.

Did IK Support analyze and state this was the issue? If not please report it to them for their assessment and they will assist you directly with whatever is causing the issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TattooedBeardedFool » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:01 pm

I am having a nightmare of a time with crackling, popping and eventually scrambled noise after about 3 - 5 minutes only when using my iPad. The iPad is only a few months old with nothing on it (apps & such) with the network on and off. airplane mode on/off and wifi on/off. This is the second unit in two weeks to do this. The reset to clear it up is hit the home button and reopen Amplitube4. This clears it again for a bit. We exchanged the first unit after attempting to eliminate everything from cords to jacks. All were fine. I absoletley love this product and am determined to figure this out. I believe in your products enough to have been playing live shows with the HD2, Blueboard and that the same iPad with NO issues for the last few months. I came home from some shows in Texas and was excited to upgrade to the stomp i/o. I'm not giving up. Amanda and Peyton Guitar Center in Hobart, In. have bent over backwards trying to help. If this helps... in switching to a new plug (7pin to lightning) the issues before crackling are different. Stomp unit doesn't initialize immediately then 1 minute later it's on and charging before eventually crackling into oblivion. Flip the plug over, it's on immediately, not charging and the wah pedal won't engage. This before the crackling starts. Again, no issues whatsoever, when using the Stomp i/o with MacBook Pro. None. No issues with HD2, Same iPad, same software. Issue is Stomp i/o when using an iPad. Thank you for your time!

Seamus
Psycho Plague
psychoplague.com
TattooedBeardedFool

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:22 pm

There is an iOS issue on certain devices that IK is working with Apple on for a fix. You may want to ask IK Support if your device is one of those. You hey can be reached at the link in my signature.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby marcus.p3 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:27 am

Peter_IK wrote:There is an iOS issue on certain devices that IK is working with Apple on for a fix. You may want to ask IK Support if your device is one of those. You hey can be reached at the link in my signature.

Hi Peter
I'm having same issue with my ipad 6th gen. I have sent 2 requests to the support (as per your link) with no response.
Please advise. Thank you
marcus.p3

Postby zombranegra » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:22 pm

I am having the same issue with my macbook pro 2009 (I know the computer sounds old, but I don't get the crackling noise when I use my other audio interfaces). The crackling will eventually happen no matter what but definitely can be caused to happen when using expression effects like Wah, Wharmonator, and Volume pedals.

This is especially annoying because the last unit they sent me had a non-functioning expression pedal.

It's latest update of El Capitan 10.11.6
8GB RAM
2.26 core 2 duo
zombranegra

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers