iRig Stomp I/O driver

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O driver

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:43 pm

zombranegra wrote:I am having the same issue with my macbook pro 2009 (I know the computer sounds old, but I don't get the crackling noise when I use my other audio interfaces). The crackling will eventually happen no matter what but definitely can be caused to happen when using expression effects like Wah, Wharmonator, and Volume pedals.

This is especially annoying because the last unit they sent me had a non-functioning expression pedal.

It's latest update of El Capitan 10.11.6
8GB RAM
2.26 core 2 duo

That is not the normal experience please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you directly. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rikmixrox » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:18 am

I tried to submit a ticket for support. It's not working. It's asking me for platform, I put standalone. Cannot get the form to submit. I filled out all fields and pasted in serial number as requested.
rikmixrox

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:28 pm

rikmixrox wrote:I tried to submit a ticket for support. It's not working. It's asking me for platform, I put standalone. Cannot get the form to submit. I filled out all fields and pasted in serial number as requested.

I don't see platform as a choice on any of the tech support forms. Please note that the ? icon next to each field will give you additional assistance if you are confused by that field.

From your other posts it seems you were working with IK Support, though? Otherwise you would not know for sure if the audio section of your unit was bad (which it likely is not unless tech support did the proper troubleshooting to assess this).

Note that there is also alternative CAPTCHA available if that is giving you issues.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rikmixrox » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Okay thank you. I'm going to try again. I must have been doing something wrong.
rikmixrox

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:42 pm

rikmixrox wrote:Okay thank you. I'm going to try again. I must have been doing something wrong.

I'm only confused by the "platform" part. Please let us know if you still have issues, it is entirely possible you're tickling some issue that doesn't happen to everyone. That's technology for ya ;)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rikmixrox » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:09 am

So after talking to support, I downloaded the ASIO4ALL driver. The unit works well with this driver on PC. I was also able to get it to run on Windows 7 as well as Windows 8. That driver also works well on my other audio card as well. I guess you just X Out the wrench on the bottom right, and on the left pilate the device you want the driver to work with. Pretty much simple as that. I still have to spend more time with it, but seems like it's working with the asio Universal driver.
rikmixrox

Postby Arjan West » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 am

I also got the Stomp i/o have it decently working now with the Asio4all v2 driver on Windows 10 x64 in standalone mode.
But on Iphone X it's one huge crackling fest it's ok for 30 sec then starts crackling.
I really think the quality of the sound card should have been better for the price.
I have an 100 Euro scarlett 2i2 which works perfect no delay or crackling in stand alone and DAW.
This 300Euro unit has cracking sounds on Iphone X and on Windows it is also not perfect buffer set to 512 (2i2 64!!) and can still hear some buzzing and no this is not from guitar it's the unit.

At least give us some FW update or dedicated drivers, i'm starting to wonder if this thing is still even supported !
Arjan West

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:28 pm

willemguitar wrote:I also got the Stomp i/o have it decently working now with the Asio4all v2 driver on Windows 10 x64 in standalone mode.
But on iPhone X it's one huge crackling fest it's ok for 30 sec then starts crackling.
I really think the quality of the sound card should have been better for the price.
I have an 100 Euro scarlett 2i2 which works perfect no delay or crackling in stand alone and DAW.
This 300Euro unit has cracking sounds on iPhone X and on Windows it is also not perfect buffer set to 512 (2i2 64!!) and can still hear some buzzing and no this is not from guitar it's the unit.

At least give us some FW update or dedicated drivers, i'm starting to wonder if this thing is still even supported !

It is very much supported. Your experience seems atypical (you can get a lower buffer than that usually). If you've followed the steps at www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3615 and you still experience the issue of that higher buffer on Windows please contact IK Support for official support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ Also, you should definitely report the issues you're having on iOS.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby richo144 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:09 pm

Samsun Galaxy Book 12 with windows 10 and ASIO Drivers, works perfectly.
richo144

Postby shreduhsoreus » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:28 am

Please, we need an ASIO driver.

Sure, it "works" with Windows audio as an exclusive device, but that means I can't jam to videos on YouTube or music in Winamp(plus, when I switch to custom presets I get massive static and have to mess with the MIDI settings to get it sounding normal again). I can use ASIO4all and it will "work" in ASIO mode, but again, the software takes over my PC's audio and I get no YouTube audio, no media player audio. I had no problems using Amplitube with my Focusrite Solo, aside from the lack of foot controls, it just gives me a better experience.

I bought this hoping I could use it as an all in one solution. Nope, I'm still using my interface and just connect the Stomp I/O when I want to use the foot controller(which is hardly ever). If it wasn't for the included software being such a good value(even if I threw the controller in the trash) I would return it.

Here's hoping that because it's only a few months old there will be updates coming.
shreduhsoreus

Postby lastyak@gmail.com » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:45 pm

It is September 7, 2018. I just received a new iRig StompIO expecting that I could use it as an input device to Amplitube 4.6.1 but then output through my UAD Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt interface. No dice.

In fact, for those playing the home game, don't try it. If you select ASIO in Amplitube Settings, the StompIO does not show up as an input. If I keep it set to Windows Exclusive, the Apollo Thunderbolt DOES show up in the output list, but when I select the Apollo as my output, Amplitube's meters peg-out, and I get a Blue Screen 'Less Not Equal' crash.

Interestingly, I happen to have two desktops and one PC laptop with Thunderbolt connections. No go on those either.

If there is no ASIO driver, why does it offer ASIO as an option to select, and what kind of professional tool doesn't? [mod redacted]
lastyak@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:12 pm

iRig Stomp I/O uses ASIO4ALL and you can find the settings in this FAQ: www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3615

If you still have problems after setting/verifying those settings with ASIO4ALL, IK Support will happily assist you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lastyak@gmail.com » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:45 pm

That link just opens the general FAQ search page. It is not finding ...faq/3615 even if I’m logged into the forum.
lastyak@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:47 pm

lastyak@gmail.com wrote:That link just opens the general FAQ search page. It is not finding ...faq/3615 even if I’m logged into the forum.

Your login here or on the site shouldn't matter. For me it opens a list with 3 entries. You can click the "1.1 Is the iRig HD compatible with Windows systems?" and you will see the instructions.

If you still have issues with the FAQ system, the IK Support team can walk you through the ASIO4ALL setup.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rikmixrox » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:44 am

I can get the stomp working on the asio4all driver. I have not tried to run two sound cards concurrently like the other gentleman said he was trying to do. But you should be able to assign Windows default for playing your stuff off of YouTube, and then run the amplitube off the asio4all, and of course you will need a mixer so that you can plug the stomp into one channel, and your audio output from the other sound card into the other channel to hear both of them together. I have been using a dedicated laptop for the Stomp and amplitube. However after how about 45 minutes of playing, eventually the USB drops. I have not yet tried a secondary machine to determine whether it's the audio card in the stomp dropping, or the laptop.

I'm still waiting for the iOS 12 to be released. Because I also went and bought a brand new iPad 6 along with the Stomp because my old iPad would not load the software. That being said. It plays for about 2 minutes and starts crackling and popping. Tech support has told me that they are working with apple on a fix for this and this issue is a Corruption of the data stream and should be resolved on iOS 12 release. That iOS 12 is supposed to be released in the next couple weeks. So I'm excited, and eager to try this again in a couple weeks after this new iOS is released. As for now I could not use this device in any professional situation. I am still using amplitube, but only in the recording studio through my other audio cards. It runs just fine through a good audio card, and can be controlled with just about any MIDI pedalboard.
rikmixrox

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers