will iRig STOMP IO allow to change midi settings?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

will iRig STOMP IO allow to change midi settings?

Postby burbus » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Hello All - as per User guide, in Stomp mode, the controller can send different midi messages i.e. CC#20-toggle mode for Switch 1,.. when stomped.... although i wish to change the behavior of these messages as the 'Toggle' mode does not allow for things like Ableton Looper, where a Momentary MIDI message (as opposed to Toggle) is used. (see here https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209774945--Momentary-and-Toggle-MIDI-functions )

will IK multimedia provide the ability to configure the STOMP IO messages to be changed like other MIDI controllers?

many thanks for your guidance!
burbus

Re: will iRig STOMP IO allow to change midi settings?

Postby funinstars » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Like that link you gave says (at the bottom of the page), you might be able to use a translator to add that extra 0 after the first message. In other words, convert a toggle to a momentary.

Many of us have run into this problem before, and i've never actually tried to solve it this way (just too much work and extra steps. No a lot of fun :D )

But the point is, those translators supposedly work well, and there's a lot of them for both platforms, and IOS.

Also, since it's just midi for loop control (or stomp, preset, for that matter). it's a very easy task, considering how light weight midi is. It's just gets difficult when it's real-time latency issues for keyboards.
funinstars

Postby burbus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 am

thanks - yes, just spent a couple of hours on it, and it does work, although not an ideal solution, as its one more thing to worry about/configure. the foot pedal of the STOMP IO does send the right type of midi message 'momentary' - so if the action i want on Ableton (Looper in this case) is mapped to the pedal, then it works. thanks again.
burbus

Postby yuvsaha123 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:49 pm

thanks for the awesome information.
yuvsaha123

Postby yuvsaha123 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:37 pm

yuvsaha123

Return to Interfaces & Controllers