iRig Stomp IO Switch 2 issue

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp IO Switch 2 issue

Postby marcelo1962 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 am

Anyone other than myself having issues with iRig Stomp IO issues with switch 2 (in Stomp Mode) where switch 2 turns on/off effect but when pressed again, it changes modes/program as opposed to turning on/off stomp?

This has been happening with iRig BlueBoard as well. I'm using a MacBook Pro (Mid-2014) with AmpliTube 4 Max and iRig Stomp IO and/or iRig BlueBoard. It's extremely annoying when trying to play live and all of sudden when pressing switch #2 in stomp mode, it changes programs instead of turning on/off the effect in that position.

Is this an isolated situation or have others experienced this as well.

Thanks.

Marcelo
marcelo1962

Re: iRig Stomp IO Switch 2 issue

Postby redroc.k » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Hmm, that's strange that the problem happens with both the Stomp I/O and the BlueBoard.

The Stomp I/O documentation says on Page 13 that if you press switch 2 for more than 1 second, a "Preset Up" message is sent instead of a Toggle message.

Could that be what's going on?
redroc.k

Postby marcelo1962 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:37 pm

Hi Redroc.k,

I thought that might be the case but even pressing lightly and quickly or literally stomping on it quickly, it still changes program instead of turning stomp on/off.

It will do the bank changes if I hold for more than 1 second so that's working.

It works fine if I use my iPad Air 2 but I want to use my MAC for a wider range of amps and effects

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Marcelo
marcelo1962

Postby jeepbuff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:18 am

I was experiencing some weird issues on my PC, not exactly like yours but I had problems switching presets and stomps and then figured out what was causing it. Maybe worth a look.

I found that in my case, I was in Recorder mode which I had my guitar set for track 1 and then I had a backing track mp3 loaded up in track 2 with no fx or anything selected of course. I forgot to switch the highlighted track 2 back to track 1 and I was having problems switching presets and stomps. Once I clicked back on track one where my guitar input was, I was good to go.

Learn something everyday.
jeepbuff

Return to Interfaces & Controllers