iRig Stomp i/o non-functioning wah pedal (Solved)

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp i/o non-functioning wah pedal (Solved)

Postby jeepbuff » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Hello all. I have searched the forum but can't find a solution. Maybe someone can help me please.

I just received my irig stomp i/o which i am using with my windows 10 pc and amplitube 4 standalone.

I can not seem to get the wah pedal to work. Neither the virtual switch to turn it on and off or rocking the pedal back and forth to control the wah stomp. Nothing is working.

I figured out that instead of selecting "iRig Stomp i/o" as the midi input that I had to select "MIDIIN2 (iRig Stomp I/O) as the Midi input in order for it to integrate and fuction properly to control Amplitube 4. It seems to work for preset mode and stomp mode except that the rocker pedal on the iRig Stomp I/O doesn't seem to do anything.

When I go into the midi settings for AT4, it looks to be assigned automatically but it won't work. So I cleared the setting and did a manual learn and it doesn't pick up the rocker pedal. Seems like it's not sending the signal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by jeepbuff on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeepbuff

Re: iRig Stomp i/o non-functioning wah pedal

Postby jeepbuff » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:04 pm

I figured it out.

Although the manual says that the expression pedal is supposed to be ready to go right out of the box, mine was not.

I had to rock the expression pedal back to it's minimum position then disconnect the pedalboard from my pc and hold footswitch 3 in while i hooked the usb cable back up to my pc. Once powered on, rock the pedal to it's fullest position and then press any other footswitch.

After that, it works perfectly for both the rocker and the virtual switch.
jeepbuff

Re: iRig Stomp i/o non-functioning wah pedal (Solved)

Postby davyconaert » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks Bones123, that worked for me as well.

I had the same problem. My iRig Stomp came right out of the box and the expression pedal did not work (MacBookPro with Mojave installed). After your workaround it functioned the way it should according to the manual.
davyconaert

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:32 pm

That would be due to your iRig Stomp I/O pedal needing calibration. That's what holding footswitch 3 does, as noted and covered in the manual's section 6 Pedal Calibration.

6 Pedal calibration
The on-board expression pedal is factory calibrated to offer the best experience. Nevertheless, a user pedal calibration may be required. Before to perform the pedal calibration, bring the pedal to its minimum position. To start the calibration process keep pressed the footswitch 3 while powering up iRig Stomp I/O. When the iRig Stomp I/O is in pedal calibration the pedal’s LED blink alternatively in red and green: move the expression pedal from its minimum to its maximum (please note that the calibration does not consider the virtual switch). To end the calibration, press any of the footswitches: if the calibration ended up successfully the pedal’s LED blinks for few seconds green, otherwise it will blinks for few seconds red to indicate that something gone wrong during the procedure
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Eldo78 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:32 am

I can't the wah working when I'm running the stomp through the iPad. I've tried the calibration a dozen times and it just doesn't seem to work. It worked fine when it was plugged into the Mac but not the iPad...

I press the 3rd button and plug in the power supply and the light flashes red and green and then i press the pedal right down and press one of the switches again and it flashes green and then the unit seems to power down before powering back up again and the wah pedal doesn't respond at all.

Could somebody please help
Eldo78

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Eldo78 wrote:I can't the wah working when I'm running the stomp through the iPad. I've tried the calibration a dozen times and it just doesn't seem to work. It worked fine when it was plugged into the Mac but not the iPad...

I press the 3rd button and plug in the power supply and the light flashes red and green and then i press the pedal right down and press one of the switches again and it flashes green and then the unit seems to power down before powering back up again and the wah pedal doesn't respond at all.

Could somebody please help

This is something IK Support can assist you with directly and officially via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thanks!

ikAs this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers