using midi 2

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

using midi 2

Postby sjudlick » Thu May 24, 2018 2:55 am

I am new to midi and electronic music. I have an electric piano. It can be used as a midi controller and I bought the Midi2 to be able to get more sounds. I want to blend sounds on the keyboard, but I can only get the sounds to come out of the iPad. Is there a way of sending sounds via the midi2 to the keyboard and use the audio out on the keyboard and not the iPad?
sjudlick

Re: using midi 2

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 24, 2018 3:48 pm

To send MIDI data to your keyboard (MIDI does not transmit sound, just note and control messages that can trigger sounds and perform various functions on your external keyboard if it accepts incoming MIDI data/messages) you would need to use an app that sends MIDI OUT. Many iOS music apps do not, as MIDI is typically used to control those apps but they do not need to send MIDI OUT in order to control or trigger sounds on an external device as one of their main functions.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers