AmpliTube 4 + irig stomp IO - sound to speakers issue

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AmpliTube 4 + irig stomp IO - sound to speakers issue

Postby hogdog12 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:41 am

Hello,

Just got the iRig stomp IO and it works great with an iPad. I then did the following:
1.) connected the irig stomp IO to my laptop (Alienware 17 R3, window 10)
2.) connected bass to instrument input and stand alone speakers to headphones output)on the iRig Stomp IO
3.) Started desktop version of AmpliTube 4
4.) Followed user manual for setting with iRig Stomp IO

The sound coming out of my speakers are fuzzy and distorted even if I have low gain and volume on Irig Stomp IO and low gain on input/master/output for AmpliTube 4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rich
hogdog12

Re: AmpliTube 4 + irig stomp IO - sound to speakers issue

Postby redroc.k » Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm

The spec on the headphone output says -

Headphone Output Power: 100mW into 50Ohms

That's awfully low to drive speakers - maybe try connecting output from the Line out, left and/or right, then to a powered mixer, then to speakers?
redroc.k

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 15, 2018 5:36 pm

hogdog12 wrote:Hello,

Just got the iRig stomp IO and it works great with an iPad. I then did the following:
1.) connected the irig stomp IO to my laptop (Alienware 17 R3, window 10)
2.) connected bass to instrument input and stand alone speakers to headphones output)on the iRig Stomp IO
3.) Started desktop version of AmpliTube 4
4.) Followed user manual for setting with iRig Stomp IO

The sound coming out of my speakers are fuzzy and distorted even if I have low gain and volume on Irig Stomp IO and low gain on input/master/output for AmpliTube 4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rich

While it's not entirely clear what your set up is here. I would recommend checking with our Technical Support team for a suggested set up. Make sure to contact them here and be sure to let them know all of the gear being used in your current set up. The make/model of these speakers would be very helpful for example.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby hogdog12 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:43 pm

Thank you for your help! I needed to download the AISO4All and change setup to use them.

Everything seems to work now
hogdog12

Return to Interfaces & Controllers