iRig Stomp I/O & external stomp box

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O & external stomp box

Postby BoomXer » Sat May 12, 2018 4:55 pm

I have a stomp box that adds ambient sounds (think multidimensional chorus with swell). I don't see anything comparable at the Custom Shop so I would like to add this stomp to my signal chain. Could this be placed in-between the output and amplifier or will there be too much signal strength for a stomp box there? Because it's a time-based effect I know that it doesn't belong on the front end of the signal chain.

A second question is would there be any issue with placing a distortion/OD pedal between the guitar and the input iRig Stomp I/O? I don't have a specific pedal that I want to place there, just a general question in case something comes up in the future.

Thanks in advance for your input.
BoomXer

Re: iRig Stomp I/O & external stomp box

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Hey BoomXer,

Thanks for your post.

There are a couple ways to use this FX pedal with your iRig Stomp I/O. I would suggest setting this up as you would normally use this with your Amplifier. If this effect is used on the front-end of your signal (Just after the Guitar), this can be used in this same place with your iRig Stomp I/O in place of your Amplifier.

As for your second question, this is a similar answer here. You can certainly add in a Distortion pedal this way. The iRig Stomp I/O is designed for Hi-Z input which is similar to a Guitar Amplifier. This means your FX pedals can be used as they would with your normal set up.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: iRig Stomp I/O & external stomp box

Postby BoomXer » Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Thanks Ryan. I'm looking forward to trying this out.
BoomXer

Return to Interfaces & Controllers